Pre-wedding Parties

XP: Lingerie Shower, HELP!

Hey ladies, I need some help fast! I was asked to help with planning a lingerie shower for a friend. I was under the impression that I wasn't needed for much more than gathering addresses and helping get things together the day of. Well, apparently the girl who was hosting has decided that she's pissed off at the bride and isn't doing anything for this shower. I haven't been able to get in touch with her for almost 2 weeks now and I'm freaking out. I asked the bride for the few addresses that I didn't have so she's expecting a shower on the 19th and I don't have any idea what to do. She doesn't want a wild bachelorette party, just something mellow.

Anyone have any laid back lingerie shower ideas that I can put together in less than 2 weeks without breaking the bank. I didn't anticipate this being a huge financial obligation when I agreed to help and am trying not to go broke.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Lingerie Shower, HELP!

• LB&SFLB&SF member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about contacting a representative from undercover wear?  They do lingerie parties
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LB&SFLB&SF member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    O and it doesn't cost anything to host a party.  B2B gets benefits of being the hostess too...
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wine and cheese party? Ask the bms to each bring a bottle of wine and cheese and crackers. You provide the same, plus a cake.

Ice cream social? You buy ice-cream and cake. Ask the bms if they could each bring a topping for sundaes.

It wasn't very nice of the friend to dump this on you after she initiated the shower planning. But you're a good friend for being willing to step up. If there are no bms, ask the MOB if she is able to help out with the shower.

Good luck.

• edited December 2011
    Undercover Wear, Tupperware, Pampered Chef etc... are nothing more than slick marketing strategies Your friends and loved ones are held hostage by a pushy sales person, selling over priced merchandise.

• edited December 2011
     I have attended a Pure Romance lingerie shower and it was a blast!  You are not required to buy anything and there was absolutley no pressure. The Pure Romance rep talked about all the products, which were lotions, lubes, perfumes, and a few toys. She passed items around and had games set up for us to play where you could win a prize/product. It was interesting and entertaining for everyone, because it was not presented in a trashy way. The rep was not pushy at all.  If you wanted to purchase something you went into a separate room alone to pick out items and if you did not want to make a purchase you just did not go into the room. As long as your surrounded by friends and people you are comfortable with (ex. not your grandmother, lol) then it will be fun, not akward.
  • MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think a PR lingerie shower would be a bit uncomfortable for any older attendees. We did a lingerie shower for my cousin and basically it was light hors devoures and everyone brought lingerie or bedtime stuff as gifts. Really simple. It was held in my mom's clubhouse in her subdivision. About 20 people came.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • annmarie714annmarie714 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do inexpensive munchies, ask each BM/MOB to bring a "snack" dish, provide some drinks, and you're set.  Google some fun games, and most of them can be done with things you find around the house.  If it's something that would be fun for the group of people (like my mom/BMs), play "Never have I ever", and other silly things like that.
    Where there is love, there is life.-Ghandi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards