Catholic Weddings

Ave Maria

Hi. So I want to know what you guys think of walking down the aisle to "Ave Maria". I love this song and so does my FI. What song are you guys thinking of having as you walk down the aisle?

Re: Ave Maria

• Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we walked down the aisle to Ave Maria. 
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Assuming it's cool with your priest and music director, both the Schubert and Bach-Gounod versions (the most popular) are lovely choices. But they are long and you may not get to hear the piece in its entirety if you choose it for your walk down the aisle. This would be unfortunate if you wanted to have it sung (though that may or may not be allowed).

I preferred something more march-like - I chose Bach's Piano Concerto in D Major (BWV 1054).

Anyway, check with your priest and music director.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    I walked down the aisle to Canon in D and Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring. We were not allowed to have the Wedding March due to its secular origins.
  • edited December 2011

I too will be walking down the aisle to 'Ave Maria.'  I have a soloist who will start singing when I walk down, but it will be instrumental for the rest of the bridal party.

Canon in D will play when my FI and the best woman go to the altar, along with the priest.

For the devotion to Mary, we're having "Hail, Holy Queen" (Salve Regina).

Ave Maria is a beautiful song. :)

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am still looking for music. This has helped me out a lot.. Off to go and listen to Bach.

In Christ,
    M
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to do "O God Beyond all Praising"... but my younger sister is doing that this December!  I'll have to do something else...  In all likelihood, something by Bach!  Ave Maria is a beautiful choice :)

For the honoring of Mary, we'll probably do the chant version of Regina Coeli since our wedding is during the Easter Season! 
  • agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest "How Beautiful" by Twila paris. It's good because its one song for wedding party and bride, and it isn't choppy to switch songs. There's a key change when the bride walks in.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all your input.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards