African American Weddings

Updates

Hey sisters
Wedding is off. I'm in md as of an hour ago. A friend of mine drive me down, she was up for the wedding. She came anyway to support me. We got in now and I'll see fi in the am. I miss him so much. I just want to be there for him.

As far as the venue. They gave 100 credit. So did photag. The venue has an opening Saturday and we may just do it then. Else, we'll just say our vows anywhere and do ceremony later not what I want but special circumstances.

We are both so impatient to become husband and wife. We've grown so much through this. I know he's my husband and he calls me his wife. I've never felt as connected to him or anyone else. Funny how that is. All the glitz was ripped and we are left just wanting each other. I love him so much. I feel so blessed
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Updates

• Mere I really am sad to hear this but it sounds like you are taking it well. Your vendors are awesome for giving you a credit. I really hope you get to have your dream wedding? So did something worse happen with FMIL or FI just decided he didn't want to leave her?
    imageAnniversary
  • I am glad you left to be with FI. I am so very sorry about the weddding plans. Sounds like you are handling it all well. It may not be happening how you planned but you know it will happen. Things like always seem to bring people closer. I am glad you and FI are in a good place right now. Hugs
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm so glad to read your post because it is filled with positivity,  love, appreciation and compromise & Honey that's what marriage is all about. As impatient as you 2 are to become one, God has his plan & we have ours but his plan always come first but he makes sure you always get a blessing on top of dealing with the unknown..Your opportunity to become husband & wife while having your dream wedding is not  lost just postponed and you are handling it very gracefully.  :)...
    Here's a hug for both of you. I will keep you, FI & FMIL in my prayers...

• In Response to Re:Updates:[QUOTE]Mere I really am sad to hear this but it sounds like you are taking it well. Your vendors are awesome for giving you a credit. I really hope you get to have your dream wedding?

So did something worse happen with FMIL or FI just decided he didn't want to leave her? Posted by MrsBoss2012[/QUOTE]

Her status is ups and downs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • (((((HUGS)))))

Thinking of you! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_updates-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:3a8e9689-a95e-4fb2-9229-cd638ebb449aPost:c6c46cbc-5565-4f63-9af6-14ff545c2f4f">Re: Updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry you're going through this. <strong>I'm so glad to read your post because it is filled with positivity,  love, appreciation and compromise & Honey that's what marriage is all about. </strong>As impatient as you 2 are to become one, God has his plan & we have ours but his plan always come first but he makes sure you always get a blessing on top of dealing with the unknown..Your opportunity to become husband & wife while having your dream wedding is not  lost just postponed and you are handling it very gracefully.  :)... Here's a hug for both of you. I will keep you, FI & FMIL in my prayers...
    Posted by tcjames[/QUOTE]

This.  I'm sorry for the circumstance but your perspective about it is awesome.  praying for all of you.
  • I'm so sorry.! I love how positive you are. As PPs said, your dream wedding is not lost, just postponed. God has a plan for you. Be there for FI in this time of need. It will all work out in the end. You have each other and that is what matters.
    May 2013 January Siggy: Cake.!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ditto everything tcjames said. HUGS meredith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_updates-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3a8e9689-a95e-4fb2-9229-cd638ebb449aPost:c6c46cbc-5565-4f63-9af6-14ff545c2f4f">Re: Updates</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm so glad to read your post because it is filled with positivity,  love, appreciation and compromise & Honey that's what marriage is all about. As impatient as you 2 are to become one, God has his plan & we have ours but his plan always come first but he makes sure you always get a blessing on top of dealing with the unknown..Your opportunity to become husband & wife while having your dream wedding is not  lost just postponed and you are handling it very gracefully.  :)... Here's a hug for both of you. I will keep you, FI & FMIL in my prayers...
    Posted by tcjames[/QUOTE]

ALL OF THIS!!! Very well stated...
    Praying for you guys!!! where in maryland are you guys?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Praying for you all.....God will prevail!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • It seems as if you both have found peace with all of this.  That peace is what you both need now.  I know this is hard to deal with but there is a reason for it and God will reveal it soon.  Love conquers all and that is all that matters.  Prayers for your FH's mother and for the both of you. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• In Response to Re:Updates:[QUOTE]I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm so glad to read your post because it is filled with positivity,nbsp; love, appreciation and compromise amp; Honey that's what marriage is all about. As impatient as you 2 are to become one, God has his plan amp; we have ours but his plan always come first but he makes sure you always get a blessing on top of dealing with the unknown..Your opportunity to become husband amp; wife while having your dream wedding is notnbsp; lost just postponed and you are handling it very gracefully.nbsp; :...Here's a hug for both of you. I will keep you, FI amp; FMIL in my prayers... Posted by tcjames[/QUOTE]

All of this Mere! You sound like you have a joy that no one can take away from you. A wedding is just a day. Glad you were able to put things in perspective and be strong for your future hubby. I am praying for you and your new to be family.

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Meredith...I am so sorry to hear this. I am glad that you got the credits for your wedding. Things will all work out according to God's plan. He works in mysterious ways and brings all kinds of tests into our lives just so he can make us call on him. I am glad that you have a good perspective on it and you are handling it well. Good luck to you and ((hugs))...I will be praying for you!
  • Sorry to hear that. I pray that everything works out for you and  FI as well as FMIL. Everything is in God's hands.
    Anniversary
  •  Mer I am still on my knees for you. Your venue and photog are awesome
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • You don't know me very well, but I'm praying for you, FI and FMIL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Praying for you Sis.
    imageAnniversary
  • Sorry your day what go as expected, but this is just a test to show you how strong your love is for one another that no matter what you guys are going through you will be there for each other. Your day will come, may not be in the form that you expected, but its was for the best. All prayers are with the fam going through this difficult time and the strength for his mother.
  • Meredith,

I admire you! You clearly exhibit what it means to have JOY despite unhappy circumstances. I will be in prayer for you, FI and FMIL. At the very least I'm sure that nothing can break your future marriage, because you and FI understand what marriage is truly about: loving another person wholeheartedly. It is a ministry, not to the self, but to the other. Thanks for being a model WIFE already. May God's best be yours! ::HUGS::

--Lady
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards