Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

wedding cake

does anyone have suggestions where to get a affordable wedding cake in the south hills area of pittsburgh that can feed about 100 people?

Re: wedding cake

• hey_its_jennhey_its_jenn member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The baker I used is out of Natrona Heights and I'm not sure how far she would travel, but her name is Debbie Satura.  I can give you her number if you want.  I will warn you that she doesn't do any fondant work (which is fine by me because I can't stand that stuff).  Her prices are extremely reasonable.  Our cake fed about 225 people and I think the total price was $495.  3 filled tiers of yummy-ness!

Some may say it was plain but I loved it.  The flowers were put on by my florist.

Married 9/19/09
    Me: 27 // DH: 31
    TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)

October 2012: DH Dx: Testicular Cancer -- Left Orchiectomy
    December 2012: F/U CT Scan -- All clean!
    January 2013: Starting the adoption process!

• edited December 2011
    When I think South Hills, I think Bethel Bakery.  I believe they're on the pricier side, though, so I'm not sure if that's out of your budget.  This may sound very strange, and I don't know if they do wedding cakes, but Costco cakes are delicious!  HTH
  • CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Def. Signature Desserts on Rt 88 in Castle Shannon.. YUM!!
    image Ivory
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Creations by Janet Rands... Her cakes are delicious. She's in Charleroi and her cake is $2.75 per piece and she doesn't charge extra for design.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • concerto47concerto47 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually sitting here right now eating a sample cake from Fenoglietto's in Lower Burrell. (Chocolate with chocolate ganache filling and raspberry.) It's AMAZING. I'm not sure what their prices are since the cake it worked into the package at our venue. For what it's worth, the buttercream is fabulous.
  • reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Janet Rands....I am still trying to find an excuse to order a cake from her thats the flavors my wedding cake was...

does March 5th (our "fake" anniversary, from back when we were dating) count as a cake buying day?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • apavlockapavlock member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Oakmont Bakery.  I don't know about affordability but the cake sample was wonderful and so is their bakery.
  • edited December 2011
    I am seconding Signature Desserts! They are amazing, prices are great, and you get a full dessert buffet - so you get so much more than just wedding cake! And since they are in the SH, no delivery fee!

Bethel is delicious - but was just way to expensive for my budget!

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • edited December 2011
    I found the cheapest around to be Cakes by Tammy. She is just excellent.

http://www.cakesbytammy.com/

My cake fed 100 and I used sheet cake for the rest (made by Tammy at a lower cost). Check out her gallery, I think cake 114 is gorgeous. (Of course, I *might* be biased) :)

• ciginicoleciginicole member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Cakes by Tammy.  She is the least expensive that I have found and her cakes are amazing.  She is also WONDERFUL to work with. 
  • edited December 2011
    we're using foodarama in madison (which is off of 70e, new stanton area -- tiny little adorable town)... their cakes are phenomenal, and the bakery prices in general are pretty decent. however i have no clue what ours will be yet, because we're going to see them some time in april.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards