• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2011 Weddings

The "Feel" of your wedding?

Just a fun question cause I'm curious. Do you all have a theme for your wedding or a certain look you are going for? I think I am going for a New England-ish/hydrangea wedding look... how about you?
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: The "Feel" of your wedding?

• Beach... we are having our ceremony on the beach, so I am just continuing the theme!
  • Black & white elegance with silver touches.
  • Seasonal summery rustic New England. We're having grilled food, corn on the cob, flowers in mason jars, reception in a barn etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    137 image Invited to celebrate with us!
    85 image Are ready to boogie down!
    34 image Are party poopers!
    18 image Can't Find their mailbox?

• Classic outdoor wedding with a fresh modern twist. Colors are navy blue and apple green.  
  • I would call our feel "Classic and elegant, but fun".
    August 2011 Siggy Challenge - Favorite E-Pic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image 275 Invited image 113 Partying it up image 15 At home lonely image 145 MIA
  • i'm trying to keep everything simple and modern...we'll see how that goes though!
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Classic-ly rustic?!? It will be very classic with a lot of kind of country/rustic feels. That probably makes no sense but I know how it will look in my head! (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • No theme here (except if you ask FI he will tell you different).

The tone of our wedding I'm getting in my head is romantic/fun....if I had to choose a theme it would be "Love Story".  The venue is very romantic feeling, which is why my dress is absolute perfect for this place! Candles and rose petals everywhere!! Then in the courtyard there is a fountian with a spiral stair case....plus a balcany where I can throw the boquet and he can toss the garter. Beatiful iron gates, stone...just romantic! (even my dress has those Swvorski crystals on it!) Ballroom is gorgeous with chandeleers hanging down and the lights...but it will be fun cus we have an AWESOME DJ with TONS of energy and we're going to party harty! :)
  • We also don't necessarily have a theme, but the feel is summery and bright, with lots of color- coral pink and blue.  :)  
    Anniversary
  • mine is preppy/seashore motif. i love seashore decor but we are having it at a country club. I'm tying in a subtle seashore theme :)
    [url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/tt1490e0.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I cant decide!  i know it will be simplistic, elegant, potentially rustically modern.  LOL.  I am planning the details once i get the big ticket items out of the way...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine will be heirloom/rustic casual. We're marrying in the church my parents married in. My grandma -- who's a quilter -- is making us a quilt with the wedding date that we'll hang at the ceremony and place on our bed when we move in together. We're serving food from local farmers on vintage plates my great aunt is buying at garage sales and auctions (she has 250 already!). We're going to have lawn games and a photo booth  since the reception is in a remote area 30 minutes from the hotel.

I'm writing about all of it in a blog: MyCasualWedding.com

Check it out if you're interested!
  • Ours is going to have a tradtional classic feel. We don't really have a theme, but so far I seem to be gravitating towards decorations with hearts. Our colors are royal/indigo blue and lavender with yellow accents.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vintage romance feel ....by using some vintage gold accent, muted colored flowers and lots of candles

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing super formal locations with fun touches like lemon place cards and centerpieces, table charts in picture frames, and may be even comfort food. We have the caterer but not the menu yet. I am still toying with the idea of comfort food and FI loves the idea...very us. I am just unsure how to pull it all off.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards