Just Engaged and Proposals

I proposed to him!!!

Over a month ago I proposed to my fiance'. We had been together for a year and some change, but at the time I proposed we were on a 6 month "break". I'll admit I dated and dated, met many men who were actually "good catches" (nice jobs, very attractive, gentlemen, etc), but some how my fiance' and I kept in contact talking everyday via text or occassionally seeing each other to hang out as friends. I could not get this man off my mind during our break up and he couldn't get me off his mind neither. Every date I went on I ended up talking about him and I dreamed about him often.

I woke up in the middle of the night one night and knew I just had to be with him for the rest of my life. I knew and have always known that this man was meant for me and I strongly believed he felt the same way. I ordered a nice inexpensive ring online at Zales and was so ecstatic yet nervous for it to come in.

The day it was delivered, I opened it up and tears just began to flow...I was super nervous, but I knew that this was something that I truly wanted to do. I was scared because I was afraid of what others would think so I didn't tell many people about my plans. The day the ring came in was the day I planned to propose. My initial proposal was to take him on the riverwalk once he got off work, but plans got changed right as I was driving him to our destination. I got so nervous I knew I needed an immediate drink (it was a couple days after his b-day so it was easy to make this detour to a local jazz club). I frequented this place called thed M lounge often over the past couple of month so I knew that the crowd would be very laid back and grown. His first reaction was that I was trying to put him to sleep with all the jazz lol... he wasn't making the butterflies in my stomach any better. I spoke to the owner to give us our own booth in the back. I ordered us both a drink and once they came I began to tell him how I felt...I pulled the ring out of my breast and his eyes lit up!! Once I asked him to marry me he blushed so hard and immediately put the ring on and said YES! He was shocked! He immediately called his family and told them the good news....

Re: I proposed to him!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards