Not Engaged Yet

T&P's Please **medical info included**

So, I realized that I accidentally posted this under my old sn earlier. I haven't been on the boards under that screen name in a long time. I don't want to DD so I'm just going to leave that one up and change the headline if possible. There is a lot of "excrutiating" medical info I guess, so if you're squeamish then you might not want to read it.

So my best friend's sister-in-law and brother have been trying to have children for multiple years. They went through IVF and had a miscarriage at 8 weeks, and then they were trying to adopt a little girl but the adoption fell through. A few months ago, after their second round of IVF, they found out that they were pregnant with twins (a boy and a girl).

Fast forward to the 20th week of her pregnancy. She went into get an ultrasound and found out she was 3 cm dilated and her membranes were bulging. She was sent to the hospital and began contracting. She was allergic to multiple medications that they tried to stop her labor, but eventually they found one that worked. They stopped her labor and did a cerclage (sewed the cervix shut). She has been on strict bedrest at home since then.

Fast forward to yesterday (23 weeks 6 days into the pregnancy). She went in for another ultrasound and they found her cervix had thinned to .8 cm which is extremely thin (normal is between 3 and 5 cm). Once again she was admitted to the hospital and right after she was admitted she began contracting again. Her contractions were a minute and a half apart all night, recently they have slowed to every 4 minutes. The doctors don't think that she will make it until 28 weeks (they aren't even sure if she'll make it to 25), but it would be best for the babies to stay in as long as possible. If they are born now they have a 50-60% chance of surviving, but they could also have a lot of medical problems such as blindness, cognitive delays, speech delays, respiratory issues, etc. Anyways, this couple has been trying for 6 years and they really deserve these babies. Just hoping for thoughts, prayers, whatever you believe in they could use it all! They have been asking for prayers so I know they'd appreciate it. Thank you guys!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: T&P's Please **medical info included**

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tps-please-medical-info-included?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78331506-539f-4faa-967e-c9f65e24fe39Post:234f53fe-0192-40fe-b356-7f495ddf3d46">Re: T&P's Please **medical info included**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Done and done.
    Posted by ponyprose[/QUOTE]
     <div>Thank you!</div>
  • Very sad, I'm sorry they are going through this. Your BFF's brother and SIL are in my thoughts. So are the babies!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • They will be in my thoughts.  What a tough thing to go through.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'll be thinking of her but let her know that I went through pre term labor, thinning cervix, placenta previa, hospital stays and bed rest. And what kept my baby boy in my womb was quiet whisper talks in the shower and I sang to him everytime I contracted. I made it to 37 wks 3 days. Many prayers!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a horrible thing to go through :(

They're in my thoughts!

• Keeping them in my thoughts!

Anniversary

• Oh dear.  Keeping your family in my thoughts. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tps-please-medical-info-included?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:78331506-539f-4faa-967e-c9f65e24fe39Post:e6ce7763-6e41-4f17-90d9-725577682900">Re:Tamp;P's Please medical info included</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be thinking of her but let her know that I went through pre term labor, thinning cervix, placenta previa, hospital stays and bed rest. And what kept my baby boy in my womb was quiet whisper talks in the shower and I sang to him everytime I contracted. I made it to 37 wks 3 days. Many prayers!
    Posted by JBSMADA10[/QUOTE]

<div>That's such an amazing story. I will definitely let her know.</div>
  • I'll be praying for them!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Oh wow I couldn't imagine what they must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards