April 2013 Weddings

How did you girls tell people where you are registered?

We did not want to put those little "We're registered at blah blah blah store" in the invitations, and we also do not have a wedding website...  Obviously if people ask us, we will tell them where we are registered, but I am just curious how you girls got the word out.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: How did you girls tell people where you are registered?

• The inserts were put into my shower invitations, but they not be going into my wedding invitations. 

Word of mouth is your best bet, but only if someone asks. I would find it incredibly rude and awkward if someone called me and said "hey just to let you know I registered at xxx" out of the blue, ya know?

Are you having a wedding shower?
  • ON my website and on the bridal shower invites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used our website. I'd say word of mouth is your best bet if you don't have a website.
  • I am having a bridal shower - I think.  Both of my brother's girlfriends said they are going to throw me one, but have been arguing with each other about all of the details.  They told me over a week ago that I should be getting an invite soon... I have not, but it is still early.  So, with them taking care of it (hopefully) I did not think to give them the inserts for the invitations.  My MOH is my 14 year old sister and I have no bridesmaids, so I was awfully thrilled when I heard that they were doing this for me... Hopefully they are getting along now and get it figured out! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
  • I have a little reception card insert in the invite with our wedding website on there. The info is on the wedding website. Plus it was on the bridal showe invitation. If you don't have a website- a lot of people check the basic places like BB&B and Target and Macys, so if you have one there they'll find it. Otherwise- just wait till they ask and tell them or they'll prob just give you cash!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok great!  We are registered at Bed Bath and Beyond :)  Also, cash would be great!!

Thanks for your help.  It's hard to know what I am doing with this whole wedding thing.  My Mom got married when she was 18 so her Mom did everything for her.  My only sister is 14.  And I don't have any Bridesmaids, so I am asking people certain questions, but trying to figure out stuff on my own and I am making a couple little mistakes.  Nothing big, but I am glad you girls are here to help out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not having a shower, so it's not a big deal for me.  I've had a few people ask me directly because they want to get us a gift, and I've told them.  I really, really, really hate those little insert cards.  Most people nowadays know that they can google and find out where you're registered.  I mean, there are a handful of "main" registry stores - Macy's, BB&B, Amazon, Crate & Barrel, and Target.  Usually, you can check one of those and find a registry. 

If you have a friend or family member with a big mouth, you can always mention it in passing to them and you won't have to worry about it because they'll tell everyone for you.  lol  My grandma was that way - she would burn up the phone lines as soon as she heard even the tiniest piece of news.  I used to hate when she did that, but now that she's gone, it's one of the things I remember about her and miss the most.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • It's on our website and is also googleable.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards