Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Confessions

-I have done about 1 hour of actual work today. 

-I really want a milk shake right now, even though I'm afraid I won't fit into my wedding dress after it is altered!

-I hope that FSIL does not ride in the limo on my wedding day. She is a stick in the mud.
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Confessions

• moslimosli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    me too!
    ok, maybe not the third thing, but I don't have a FSIL.

mmm... chocolate milk shake....
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - I have also only done about an hour's worth of work

- I would rather be laying in a pool right now

- Every time I work out, I reward myself by eating something bad :-)

- I really don't think I have any deep dark secrets and that makes me feel lame! haha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    - I haven't showered yet today. :)

- I made breakfast at 11am

- The B- parties (for myself and FI) are planned for two weeks from now and I hope FSIL can't make it, she drove all my other friends nuts.
    image.
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - I, too have only done about an hour of work! lol

- I ate two double stuffed oreo's at lunch... even though I'm desperately trying to 'watch' what I eat... but I just can't seem to do it!

- I have a terrible craving for a Dunkin' Donuts Iced Caramel Latte... yum...

- I can't seem to get motivated to work out. I have the opportunity to do it tonight but all I can think about is eating a Chick-fil-A sandwich and fries instead! lol

• Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    - I really don't like salads, no matter how many times I try to convince myself that I do (well, most salads, but I do love the wedge salad from Capital Grille).
    - Being back in school has raised my stress level exponentially and it's only the second week, even though I act like everything's fine.
    - I am seriously putting off going grocery shopping even though we have absolutely no food left in the house at all.
    - I am ridiculously excited to go to the Lady Gaga concert next weekend... OK this isn't so much a confession because everyone pretty much knows that I'm super excited about the concert.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    -sadly today i've done more work that yesterday and friday combined.... which has been about 3.5 hrs of work.

- whenever FI says he's sick, i sometimes think he's faking it...or its all in his head.

-i am secretly happy my MOH's wedding is over. I love her dearly.. but it was by far the most expensive wedding i've been in.. and it will be nice to talk to her about other things than just her wedding..

- i bought another tub of giant eagle chip dip at the store last night when DF wasnt looking ... even though the last tub isn't quite finished yet....

• edited December 2011
    -My hips are sore from "breaking in" our new couch Innocent
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hehe... scandalous M!!  Wink
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    That made me lol Meg
    I have another one..

- I am getting freaked out by all of the yes's we've received so far! We invited almost 200 but we're hoping for our minimum amount of people that we have to pay for which is 150 and people are emailing me and texting me asking to bring people. My grandparents are paying for the food and I feel bad if we end up with a lot more than we planned for! I always heard the stories of 95% yes's but never thought it would happen to us! Don't get me wrong, I am excited so many can come, but holy sh*t.
  • edited December 2011
    Ros- We are having the same issue! We have 80 invites outstanding and so far 178 are coming. About 12 ppl aren't coming so far! Yikes!

Planning Bio

• elishanbelishanb member
    edited December 2011
    Ros/Meg- I feel ya. I read and was told by so many people that 20% of the people that we would invite would RSVP no. I keep teasing FI that everyone is coming. We invited 130 we have had 85 people say YES and 9 people say NO. The RSVP date is on Saturday.
    image.
  • edited December 2011
    - I haven't mopped the kitchen floor and the bathroom floor for over a month. Embarassed

- I feel like I should start weaning myself off of these boards in the next few months, but I don't want to! Some of my friends are like, "why do you still post on a wedding planning board?" They just don't understand, lol.

- I'm annoyed at DH for not providing me with more pics to use for the photo montage on our wedding video. I just gave the pics to the videographer in May (yes, 1 year later) b/c I procrastinated on getting everything together, plus I was hoping DH would find more childhood pics of himself. I'm also ticked at the videographer b/c he's had them for 3 months, and it still isn't done. They won't be ready until next week. This weekend is the last I'll see my parents until Thanksgiving, hence I won't see my video for almost another 3 months. Frown
  • edited December 2011
    People respond with a yes first.  You'll get more no responses closer to the date (or the people you have to track down.)  It's like people don't want to tell you no, but brides are always happy to hear that some people aren't coming, haha!

My confessions:
    -Apparently our office AC isn't working and it is about 1,346 degrees in here right now...and I am seriously sweating.  Ew.

-It's too hot to work, as far as I'm concerned.  Yet I'm sure we won't close early, so I'm pretty much done for the day.  :)

-I am freaking starving right now and a milkshake sounds so good!  

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • edited December 2011
    Kim, I would ask the videographer to mail the copies directly to you.  It should be the least he can do!  

Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim - DON'T GO!!!  We like having you around here!! :) 
  • edited December 2011
    PW/AW alert:

I am semi-annoyed with my MIL right now - she is always asking us for pictures of DS.  Like every few days, which is annoying in itself.  

Well, I sent her a link this morning to professional pictures we had taken and I can tell from the site that she viewed the pictures like 20 minutes after I sent it (since I "invited" her, I can see that info)...and yet, she has not e-mailed me to say how cute they are.  Seriously woman.  Either you want pictures and you thank me and oogle over your grandson immediately or you don't and you stop complaining.  

Search & Win
  • edited December 2011
    I loved this: - whenever FI says he's sick, i sometimes think he's faking it...or its all in his head. I 100 percent agree!

-- I have to go to FILs this weekend, and I am dreading it. Although I haven't been there is a while, his family always has so much drama and his Mom is very overbearing... I don't think I like her very much... and I feel AWFUL about that because she is sweet.

-- I keep checking my phone and email every few seconds praying for a job offer, eventhough it has been about a month and the likelyhood of getting hired is slim to none.

-- I have not been motivated to work or exercise and I don't know how to get motivated for either... :(
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_confession-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:5f551772-f1df-4073-b35e-395c4447c139Post:336e6a9d-bbfb-4334-abe0-3154d9adeb43">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kim, I would ask the videographer to mail the copies directly to you.  It should be the least he can do!  
    Posted by .KRM.[/QUOTE]

I've thought about it, but I don't trust the mail... though 3 months is a long time to wait...
  • edited December 2011
    -DH & I played hooky yesterday from work. My brother and FSIL left early yesterday morning and we just needed some time to chill out and recoop. The middle of our day consisted of some sexy time and a nap - I don't think it gets much better than that Wink

-My mom sent my birthday present down with my brother but told me not to open it until my birthday (Sept 12). Everyone told me to open it and they wouldn't tell her. I opened it, and now I feel bad.

-I'm giving a major eye roll to brother and FSIL's registry, everything seems to be the most expensive version of the item possible. I didn't know a $250 toaster oven even existed. And another eye roll for the fact that her over-the-top mother will likely purchase many of these incredibly expensive items.

Vacation

• CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so bored at work today...

DH is out of town until Wednesday and I'm enjoying every second of having alone time and he leaves again next week for a few days and I'm, again, looking forward to it!! 

I am gaining weight at a rapid pace and i don't really care, nor do I have motivation to work out. 

Kim even though I don't post regularly, I'm still trying to wean myself off the knot and move on to something different but I haven't found anything yet!!  oh well!

image Ivory
  • edited December 2011
    Wow... Jamie... that's a long time! This is probably too personal, but are you at least engaging in other activities? There are lots of different forms of BC, and when did you switch? It usually only takes a month to get on track.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm... looks like that post disappeared. Oh well.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    KRM- That makes me feel a little better.. hoping for some no's!

- Ugh I just scarfed down a piece of chocolate/strawberry cake. It was the last piece and I brought the entire box to my desk and scarfed it. Glad no one happened to walk by!
  • JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Jamie-I switched to Lo Seasonique because I was going to be on my period during the wedding/honeymoon otherwise. Im in the middle of month 2 on it, and so far I've had about 6 weeks of a very light, yet annoying, period. I'm a pharmacist so I should know better. ugh..I'm gonna give it another month or two we'll see.

I also deleted the post because I think some ppl on here know me IRL so I decided I didnt want that here afterall. But to add to the problem, it doesnt help that FI works otu of town for his job and is only home Saturday and Sunday, when I work and am exhausted.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_confession-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:5f551772-f1df-4073-b35e-395c4447c139Post:0eb982e8-05db-47b9-b09b-92f434522e81">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I've thought about it, but I don't trust the mail... though 3 months is a long time to wait...
    Posted by KimWard[/QUOTE]
    You don't trust the mail?  I'm sure he would either send it Priority mail or UPS/FedEx with tracking info and insurance.  And he won't send you his only copies - even if it would get lost, he would be able to make you more of them.  

Search & Win
  • edited December 2011
    -It was 88 degrees in my classroom today so I took off my shoes and rolled up my capris as far as they could go-not very profession looking but when it's that hot who cares.
    -I bought a big fat chocolate chip cookie at the market this morning before work and ate it at 8 am.
    -I'm the one that e-mailed the Board of Ed to tell them no one would buy the special ed teachers any supplies....everyone knows it's one of the SpEd teachers in our building, but I'm not owning up to it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    edited December 2011
    everytime i go to read a post on this thread i sing the usher song "these are my confessions" in my head

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *I'm with Ash- grad school is stressing me the heck out.  I'm not used to the homework and I think these classes are really hard. 

*We're in the midst of a family medical emergency and I'm resenting the fact that my brothers are not helping to take care of anything.at.all.

*I really miss DH and it sucks being long distance again, but I think I sleep better alone at night when I can stretch out across the whole bed!

*Confessions posts are my very favorite posts of all.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • anne513anne513 member
    edited December 2011
    -I worked out this morning to Jillian before work but didn't finish the whole thing and I just can't get motivated to work out at all!

-I hate, hate living so far away from FI when we used to see each other every day. I really don't know how much more I can take of the long distance thing.

-I don't really eat during the day at work and then graze like a cow when I get home....I know this is unhealthy but I don't care.

-FI, my family, and I really really don't like FBIL or FSIL because they are so rude and selfish and I wish it wasn't this way. I think it's sad that I get jealous when I see a friend and her SIL getting along and hanging out.

-Last but not least....other then getting married I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life.
  • JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Anne..I'm a grazer too! So far my dinner has been 2 pieroggies, a bowl of Capt Crunch, and a100 cal pack
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards