Not Engaged Yet

Yuck

If you listened to the radio with me all day yesterday you'd assume I'd be snowed in my house with no chance of escaping for a week the way they were talking about the snow. Instead I woke up to a whole bunch of rain and they're not even admitting on the radio they were wrong, just talking about the rain and how we're supposed to get more than a foot tomorrow. *eye roll*

Apparently though the rain outside is starting to turn to ice so my coworkers arel all panicked that we're going to get stuck here... this hysteria over the weather is the one thing that makes me wish spring would hurry up and get here.

image image image image 
"but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Yuck

• Soon2BJeterSoon2BJeter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man.... That bites!!  And it's amazing how they never even comment on being wrong about the weather.. I wish I could do that with my job when I screw up, just pretend like nothing ever happened!

And I agree, it gets a bit annoying when everyone gets in a frenzy over the weather...
  • edited December 2011
    That's a great idea! Instead of admitting I screw up at work from now on I'm just going to keep on truckin' like nothing ever happened. lol
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG! They were ranting about snow here yesterday too and when I woke up today it was just raining.  Tonight/tomorrow we have a rain/wind warning in effect b/c it's supposed to rain tons.  *grumble stupid rain grumble*

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are in the middle of a snow storm...snow day!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_yuck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b6fb3d5a-071d-4e68-bcc1-715b33f423e7Post:637fe224-c27d-4a21-a0f7-b28e0ac51e52">Re: Yuck</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are in the middle of a snow storm...snow day!!!
    Posted by KD+BC[/QUOTE]

I'm jealous.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's one of those awesome days too because it's not bad out right now but it's supposed to get really messy after noon so for now I can go do things. I'm about to go to Target. Someone on the Budget board mentioned they have cheap vases. I'm gonna go check them out for centerpieces!

I hope it doesn't ice over for you...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    They DO have cheap white vases at Target right now.  They are a little small, but for only $2.50 you cannot complain.  I might go grab some.  I love to put flowers in lots of small vases instead of one big one. 

Weather people are never wrong.  Didn't you know this?  They are just correctionally challenged. 
  • edited December 2011
    My dad needs to be a weather man. He is usually right about whats going to happen 99% of the time..which I can't really say about the actual weather man.

We're supposed to get about another 1-3 inches tonight..WOO WOO! My poor little dog has snow to his chest already, lol. It's so cute to watch him hop through the snow like a little deer though :)
    imageimageimageimage
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, Buttons we're getting lots of crappy rain too.

I'd rather it was snow. : (
  • edited December 2011
    Katanne it makes me feel a little better that both you and KD are listed as Upstate NY and one has a snow day and the other has rain.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes  : ( for once I'm wishing I was back in upstate NY rather than Boston.

*Sigh
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah as a die hard yankee fan i'd rather be anywhere than boston ;-)
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahahaha

Fortunately I don't watch baseball. So I'm Switzerland when it comes to the whole ordeal.

And YES I have been HECKLED for having a NY license plate. WTF! I don't even have baseball crap on my car!

HECKLED!!!!!!
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheap vases at Target!? I'm in! If it makes you feel better it's sunny and 65 here....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hetshup that did NOT make me feel better :-p
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah it's also sunny for once here too!! Just no where near 65 degrees - I wish!! Maybe about 20 if i'm lucky. But at least its sunny! (Sorry I just had to.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Loopy you are eeeeeeeeeeevil
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
     I know. I know. You can do it back to me next week when it is snowing on my birthday. There is no snow forecasted, but it ALWAYS snows on my birthday. I don't find it nice. I don't find it pretty. It's March I want it done!
  • edited December 2011
    alright, I'll bide my time until then.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The vases are nice! They are $2.99 and are about 9 inches tall and 3 inches in diameter. They had clear, white frosted, red, and blue frosted ones. They aren't onsale, just new so I didn't buy them because I don't know how many I'll need. I have no idea what I'm doing for center pieces. I thought the vases would inspire me, no such luck...sigh.

Oh, and I am from NY and HATE the Yankees. I'm a Mets girl. Cool
  • edited December 2011
    Hate is such a strong word...
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Button -- It's Wednesday.
  • edited December 2011
    ...excellent
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not on sale? Pffft. FI family has a bunch of vases etc etc that we might be able to borrow. They used to work in event planning, and I guess brides would just leave centerpieces.

Button-- It's gonna be hotter then all get out here very very soon. So I'll take my cool weather now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My co-workers and I are crossing our fingers for a snow day tomorrow...ish. Well, everyone but me seems to have 1000 things to do tomorrow, I only have 1, so a snow day would be no big deal.

BUT, I hate it when the weather people lie. That's all they are; pathological liars!
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards