Ohio-Toledo

Wedding Day

Hi everyone,
  I finally got married on 2/27/10. It was more than I could have ever dreampt of. I don't know who to talk to about this so I am putting it hear. I was searching for a florist when I came on the site and looked up who the klnot might recomend. They had GLASS CITY FLOWERS on there. My mother and I went in and talked to the owner. She seemed great willing to help new what I wanted what I had search so hard for. My wedding day came I got my flowers and they were horrible. Not what I ordered wilted just horrible. When we called to see if we could get a refund they told us no and basically said it was my fault. I even went to chanel 11 for action and they told them they would give me a $70 refund out of my $319.00 order. I was okay with that. I called today to get that and They said I was harrasing them. The rest of my wedding was wonderful. My dj awsome (decorative sound) Cake was amazing it was so good there was 0 peiced left. (Janes cake and Confections.)  So to who evere runs the knot I would not recomend GLASS CITY FLOWERS TO ANYONE EVER. THEY ARE JUST MEAN AND RUDE.  WHEN I CALLED TODAY FOR THE REFUND I WAS VERY POLITE AND GOT HUNG UP. i AM SORRY TO SAY THAT BEFORE I WOULD ORDER FLOWERS AGAIN FROM THEM I WOULD GO FLOWERLESS NEXT TIME......

Re: Wedding Day

• edited December 2011
    I found a lot of my vendors on the weddingwire.com.   I am not sure that glass city flowers is listed on there or not but it may be a good place to give your reviews.  I only went with vendors that had 4.5 stars or more.  I am very sorry to hear that your flowers did not turn out great but I am glad that you had a fabulous wedding!!  Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Good to know!!! I almost stopped in there today for information when I went to the subway for dinner tonight!! Good to know not to waste my time!!! Thanks!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that.  Thanks for letting us know though, I appreciate it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have pics of your wedding?  Reviews of your other vendors?  I'd love to see/hear more about your big day!
  • nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about the florist...but I would love to see your other vendor reviews as well!!!

Cognratulations on your marriage...very happy for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    i have not got my pics yet because it was a family member who did them but wow with the rest of my vendors. I went through decortive sounds for my dj. The dj made sure I always had a drink and he made sure that all my favorits were played and there was not one dead moment during my reception. My cake was amazing. I went through Janes cake and Confections. We designed our own cake and it turned out perfect. It was so good that we had none left at the end of the night. I didn't even get a peice besides what was smashed on me. Even my top layer was eaten. She was willing to do all differnt flavors with differnt colors and it was so moist. Her wb site is Janesweddingcakes.com. My catrer was a family friend. I am not sure if she does sided jobs but I can find out because she was also just great. My son is allergic to gluteton so she made most of the food gluteton free. Even being gluteton free the food was awsome.  It was all so great except the flowers. My friend was going to go through them and she is already having problems with them so she has decided to move on and just let them have the money she already invested in them.
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend all of my other vendors including my church and hall. My church kept my ceramony nice and short. They also made sure I got what I need and wanted. It was a very simple but beautiful just the way we wanted our wedding to be. The hall looks really bad not decorating but once you get some decoration in the hall and dim the lights it looks so ellagent. They were very helpful when it came to decorating and the bartending. I was able to bring in my own caterer bartender and liquor and beer. My wedding turn out amazing. I hope everyone's weddings turn out as they wish for them too.
  • edited December 2011
    i had originally signed a contract with them!!!!!!! OH THANK GOD I SAW THIS!. My wedding is in November. When i went in and spoke with them i was unhappy with the quality of their shop it seemed rather unorganized and dirty. After further thought, i called Beautiful Blooms By Jen and SHE IS WONDERFUL. I immediately cancelled my order with Glass City.

thank you for this post your a LIFE SAVER.
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards