November 2011 Weddings

Eeeeeeek!!!

I was sitting at the kitchen table working on a lesson plan when I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye - a mouse!  I flipped the fuuuuck out, screeching, hyperventilating, standing on my chair.  H came running downstairs to see what was wrong.  I immediately called the landlord and he is coming over after work to set a trap.  He says field mice are pretty common in this area (urban sprawl and all that). 

I hate the idea of the trap and just hope it is humane - he says they will catch it alive and release it somewhere.  Neither of us will be home when he comes.

Shudder.  I have an irrational fear of mice.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Eeeeeeek!!!

• eek!!

You are nicer than me. We had a couple mice get into the house growing up, we set traps with peanut butter, but they killed the mice. Didn't want to chance them coming back.

GL!
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • I'm not *too* troubled by mice but I do scream and get grossed out.

When I was little I heard one in my room, I refused to sleep in it for days...my mom didn't believe me until....it landed on her head when she was in the pantry!  lol...classic times.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I'd rather have mice than scorpions, lol.  We don't get either at our house, but my aunt & uncle used to get scorpions pretty bad when they still had a fruit orchard behind their house.
    Anniversary
  • Oh my gosh, i know if i had scorpions in my house i would just drop dead.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    my read shelf:
    Savanna Funkhouser's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Scorpions are a deal breaker. I would up and move. We did the peanut butter thing when I was growing up too for mice, but I never saw the results...hmm....I would definitely get humane traps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards