Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

ceremony music with lyrics?

i'm fairly set on my reception music, but i'm at a bit of a loss with my ceremony music.

my future FIL is conducting the ceremony and due to religious reasons, strongly suggested against the traditional 'here comes the bride'. i was actually ok with that because i was thinking of doing something different, but now i'm a bit panicked because i don't know what to use.

i LOVE "swept away" by christopher cross even though it's 80s cheese. problem is, i can't find an instrumental version of it. is it unheard of to walk down the aisle to a song with actual lyrics? my 2nd choice is 'it's your love' by tim mcgraw & faith hill and yet, even though that one has an instrumental version, it doesn't carry quite the punch i thought it would, so even if i opt for that song, i'm leaning towards it in it's original version.

am i nuts? is this ok?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ceremony music with lyrics?

• edited December 2011
    I'm walking down the aisle to a song with words - "I Want You" by Tom Waits.  If you like it and it's meaningful to you, who cares what everyone else thinks? :-P
    Vacation

Vacation
  • aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys! what's funny is i've always been of the mindset of 'you should do what you want, even if it's not conventional', until i came to that song and i apparently froze!  thanks again for the help, this is one of those nagging things that keeps pestering me because it's not checked off the list yet! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards