September 2013 Weddings

Help!!!

I have an issue and need some advice. This is my second marriage my mother didn't show up to my first wedding because she didn't like my ex- husband (yet pushed me to marry him.) I would really like to have her be apart of this wedding she loves my fiance to death but me and her have never got along. I have tried to have a relationship with her but it is hard because I have never done anything good enough in her eyes. So I really would like to try to bond with her through this wedding planning process. BUT I have already done something she doesn't like and I can't get her off my back about it. I am really close to my soon to be mother in law (closer to her than my own mom)i had asked her to be my Matron of honor in my wedding and my brothers four sisters to be my brides maids. Out of eight kids my fiance is the youngest so his sisters are all quite a bit older that him. Well when I told her all of this she begins to tell me that I will look funny standing up there with all these women that are older than me. I told her that is what i chose and that is my wedding. she got pissed and continued to down grade my choice. I don't know what I can do to make her stop nit picking at the choice I made and to have her show that she is happy for me

Re: Help!!!

• Jlp818Jlp818 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Maybe she needs a part in your wedding to make her feel special.  Who do you have walking you down the isle?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you think she will do nothing but cause drama and nag..being that you two arent that close anyways...why try to get close while being stressed out about planning the wedding.  Give her something small to do if she can handle that then you can give her more.  Other wise tell her when to be at the wedding.  I would not add more stress..that is just me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think that is nice that you are thinking of your mom, but you need to set realistic expectations.  You may enjoy a few good moments with your mom during the wedding planning, but you cannot expect that it is going to turn around your relationship with her.  You say you have never gotten along with her, and there are probably good reasons for that, that won't change during wedding planning.  All you can really do is provide her with opportunities and invitations to be involved. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:a8736fc3-2838-4bda-bfd6-8ededc84772fPost:c506da01-e869-495b-ade9-13177490d695">Re: Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe she needs a part in your wedding to make her feel special.  Who do you have walking you down the isle?
    Posted by Jlp818[/QUOTE]
    My dad and My Grandma are the one's that will be giving me away
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards