Georgia-Atlanta

Wearing white at the rehersal dinner?

Curious to thoughts on this if you have any. TIA!
I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?

Re: Wearing white at the rehersal dinner?

• edited December 2011
    I'm wearing a white lace dress with a black sash!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi My_Matt!

Most girls wear white at the rehearsal dinners that I attend. And like kjones84 suggested, they usually add some sort of accessory from the wedding day color/colors. A "preview" of what's to come perhaps? Smile

~ Rebecca Bunch
  • MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I personally have never seen white at a rehearsal dinner, but I know it's done all the time. I'm wearing a very colorful, springy dress (but that's more my personality). There are some beautiful white dresses out there that would be perfect!
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I am wearing a blue sundress with white flowers on it. I love sundresses so that's what I'll be doing.
  • edited December 2011
    I want to wear a red dress but haven't found the perfect one yet (red is our wedding color).  However I think it's ok to wear white if that's what you want!
    Photobucket
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I will wear white or yellow.  I haven't found a dress yet.  But white is definitely fine!
  • ritakellyritakelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking for a cream or champagne dress before I decided to wearing my mother's wedding dress. She got married in the late 70's and being the hippie that she was she wore a floral print maroon Gunne Sax dress. Its short sleeve, tea length, and has rhinestone buttons all the way up the front (looks nothing like a wedding dress). I plan to get some cute HIGH healed pumps to go with it.
  • chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is soooooo cool that you wore your mom's wedding dress to the rehearsal dinner.  I LOVE IT! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_wearing-white-rehersal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:cff5572e-c4b1-497b-b66f-5ea36c4a265dPost:8e5c27a9-a0f4-4124-8aa6-0ebead82e11b">Re: Wearing white at the rehersal dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is soooooo cool that you wore your mom's wedding dress to the rehearsal dinner.  I LOVE IT! 
    Posted by chrissyinatl[/QUOTE]
    Ritakelly, that is so AWESOME!
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • ritakellyritakelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, it was so perfect when I first thought of it. And I really think it means a lot to my mom. I was kinda worried I wouldn't fit into the dress but it just barely fits -- I could wear it when I was 14 but now I fill it out a litte more. :) Its also kinda weird that the dress is actually back in style so thats nice.
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I found a white dress I loved, I'd do it! Do whatever feels right for you. 

I hadn't thought of this til I found this thread, but granted I have plenty of time!

A spring-ish, floral print dress will probably be what I go with. Our wedding is more on the casual side and the RD will be at FMILs home, so a sundress would be perfect for a picnic. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards