Michigan-Grand Rapids

Reception Locations

I have been looking for a unique reception venue in the Grand Rapids/ Kalamazoo area. I have looked at all the Venues on Wedding Wire, The Knot, and Wedding Channel but none of them are really what I want. Does anybody have any ideas?

Re: Reception Locations

• heather_rae90heather_rae90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your "vision" (and budget, perhaps)?
  • edited December 2011
    I want a reception hall that I can choose my own caterer and decorate with ceiling swags and blue lighting throughout the room. I will have 100 guests at most and will need a place with a dance floor. I hope that description helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I do know of a place in Battle Creek. They do not do catering so you would need to provide your own, which is probably exactly what you are looking for. As far as hanging swags from the ceiling I am not sure if that is allowed however I have attended a reception there once and it was very elegantly done. Like I said it is in Battle Creek, roughly 30 miles away from Kalamazoo so it might not be ideal but they are very reasonably priced and could accomodate your guests wonderfully I am sure. It is called the Robin's Nest and here is there contact information. They do not have a website unfortunately but I will see if I can score any photos of the wedding I attended there and get them to you if you like.

Robins Nest
    16181 10 Mile Rd
    Battle Creek, MI 49014-8820
    (269) 966-9930
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check into the Heritage Center in St. Joseph.  It's got very very high ceilings and a large wooden floor.  It's kind of a blank canvas, and you'd be able to have both the ceremony and reception in the same room.  There's a large, double sided sweeping staircase against one wall also.  I don't think they have a website, but they'll send you their wedding packet.
  • wolnerlmwolnerlm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Grand Haven Community Center.  You can bring your own caterers and bartenders etc. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Bowens Mills, between K-zoo and GR. See pics and link in my bio.
  • edited December 2011
     Anyone know of any rustic yet romantic coctail locatons?  I need to stay in the GR area because we're getting married in Rockford.  120 people  
  • edited December 2011
    raynedancer2004 - maybe bistro bella vita or san chez's third floor? both are kind of rustic but urban and still can be romantic!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards