November 2013 Weddings

falling behind

I am a planner type of person but sometimes you dontplan for the unexpected. I had so many appointments set up this past week to get the limo's done and the tuxes and out STD were susposed to go out but... my FI ended up in the hospital for the whole week and I honstly dont even care about the wedding planning anymore I feel like that stuff doesnt matter he is out now and I dont want to fall behind but I feel like my attemtion is needed elsewhere so I want to know if you guys have any sugestions on how I can get back in the mood of planning 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: falling behind

• It's totally understandable that you are overwhelmed and not inspired to wedding plan. Take a break. Focus on your FI and his health. Spend time together and focus on your love for each other. You have plenty of time to get back into the swing of things. Good luck and best wishes to your FI for good health.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm so sorry you guys have been through a rough time!  Button is right, take some time to just be together and you'll feel motivated again.  Best of luck to you guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • I'm sorry about FI, I hope his recovery is quick! I know where you're coming from. I started a new job and have been trying to get as many hours as possible to help save for the wedding. The time and effort I originally put in has significantly decreased. I am graduating in May and hope to hit full time by then, we also want to look into buying a house as well! The good thing is we have all our major vendors hired so we can take a break from planning until after May. Best of luck to you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_falling-behind?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:84674fa2-ea9a-4509-bce8-f3e010d3c86dPost:d971ef93-6b80-4e1d-bc79-b98d144b4fc2">falling behind</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a planner type of person but sometimes you dontplan for the unexpected. I had so many appointments set up this past week to get the limo's done and the tuxes and out STD were susposed to go out but... my FI ended up in the hospital for the whole week and I honstly dont even care about the wedding planning anymore I feel like that stuff doesnt matter he is out now and I dont want to fall behind but I feel like my attemtion is needed elsewhere so <strong>I want to know if you guys have any sugestions on how I can get back in the mood of planning </strong>
    Posted by Mbecker912[/QUOTE]

<div>I think you have responded in a totally normal and healthy way by forgetting about the wedding planning and focusing on your FI's health this past week. I am so sorry that you are going through this, and I hope he has a speedy recovery.</div><div>
    </div><div>For me, I have run into a lot of distractions while planning. It won't work for too much longer, but it has helped me to remember that there are tons of couples who will be getting married in November who aren't even engaged yet. We're still 8-9 months out so you really do have lots of time. </div><div>
    </div><div>I found it was really hard to get back into the same "spirit" of planning after we lost FI's mother last summer. I had an entire week planned of looking at venues, interviewing coordinators, etc. etc. (I am planning out of state so this trip home was going to be super productive!) FI's mother passed away just a few days before that trip. Of course, I cancelled everything (except the appointment at the venue we ended up picking- totally slipped my mind- but they were so very understanding when I called them after the fact) and I didn't start planning the wedding again for two or three months. The planner in me was freaking out, but I knew that again, several couples getting married in November 2013 didn't even know it yet!</div><div>
    </div><div>Honestly, I don't really have any suggestions except to take this past week as a tiny bit of a blessing: now you have something that reminds you that your wedding is just one day, just one party, and though I think it's totally normal to want it to be a great, fantastic day/night, what is really important is starting your life with your intended. The color of the napkins and the stamp on the invitations and all those other little things are just little things.</div><div>
    </div><div>Take some time to really spend with your FI and get through whatever this is that you guys are going through. It sounds like you have already started on a lot of planning, so hopefully that will make it easier to finish everything that needs to be done. I think the fun feelings will come back in time - even if you weren't dealing with something like this in particular, I think it's normal to feel highs and lows as far as excitement about wedding planning.</div><div>
    </div><div>For me, I got more excited by talking to my friends and my FI about it. <span style="font-size:11px;line-height:14px;">Keep hanging out around here and see if anything piques your wedding-excitement :)</span></div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards