Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Small Reception questions

Our wedding is going to start at 3pm with "cutting of the cake to follow" is what I put on the invitations. we are doing a very small reception at our church that will include cutting the cake, having our first dance and trying to chat with as many guests as possible. I have two questions, 1.Is there something else we should include durring the reception? I don't want guests to get the impression that we are being rude, we just preffered something more short and simple. and 2. what could I have to keep the guests busy while the family is taking pictures? they can't cut the cake without us. Thanks!!!

Re: Small Reception questions

• Options
    Jules:

I have the same kinds of questions..hope you get some good responses!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_small-reception-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:44f67a94-9e3c-403c-87aa-ceadb0b40969Post:41e42f07-1f87-4e45-be14-44603a89156c">Small Reception questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is going to start at 3pm with "cutting of the cake to follow" is what I put on the invitations. we are doing a very small reception at our church that will include cutting the cake, having our first dance and trying to chat with as many guests as possible. I have two questions, 1.Is there something else we should include durring the reception? I don't want guests to get the impression that we are being rude, we just preffered something more short and simple. and 2. what could I have to keep the guests busy while the family is taking pictures? they can't cut the cake without us. Thanks!!!
    Posted by LJules89[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you're planning a short reception, I would just do all the family photos after.  Then you aren't limited by time and they don't have to wait for you.  Otherwise, you'll need to keep it to less than an hour, and you'll have to offer some snacks and drinks while they wait.  

Other than making a point to say hello to and thank every person that came, there isn't anything you have to do at the reception.
  • Options
    Agree with MyName.  If your goal is a short reception, have your pictures either before the ceremony or after the reception is over.  Go immediately from the ceremony into whatever reception activities you have planned.

I would have some music playing during the reception, and maybe think about a small selection of snacks - cheese, crackers, veggies, maybe fruit, in case people don't want or like cake. (This also gives guests something else to munch on if you need a few minutes between the ceremony and the reception to sign your license, touch up make up, etc.)
    Anniversary

• Options
    A few non-cake munchies would be good (cheese, crackers, veggies, maybe a coldcut tray) for people who don't like cake or want something to munch on before the cake.   Tea, coffee, maybe juice, punch, or lemonade, or a small selection of soft drinks would be nice as well. 
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards