Florida-West Coast
Options

Clearwater Beach Meters

Arggg those annoying meters!! My ceremony and reception are going to be at the Clearwater Receation center but the parking lot had meters! My wedding starts at 4 and the meters aren't free until 6. What should I do? There is no way to pay off all the meters ahead of time (I've done my research). Is it cheesy to expect my guests to pay the couple dollars to park? Any suggestions of how I can deal with this?

Re: Clearwater Beach Meters

• Options
    I just dealt with this issue and my FI and I came up with these options:

1) provide transportation to and from hotels for guests

2) Leave a dollar in quarters in each welcome basket

3) have someone (a hostess)  stand at the meter and pay for guests.

4- I dont think its cheesy to warn them and let them pay themselves
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    If you plan on making them pay, making sure you tell them in advance!! I went to a beach wedding and didn't consider this fact, and panicked when I realized there were meters. We just didn't pay, and nothing happened... I'm not sure if the bride/groom paid in advance somehow or just no one came and checked, but they got married on Sand Key beach and I don't think any of the guests actually put quarters in the meter.
  • Options
    I think what we decided to do is inform our guests not to pay for the meters on our wedding website and just come into the building where we will have quarters available for them. I will most likely put a sign up by the meters as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards