October 2012 Weddings

QOTD 12/5

What Christmas song(s) do you absolutely despise?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD 12/5

• Christmas Shoes, and any of the Carpenter's Christmas stuff. I also don't really like Christmas music in general, but those are my least favorites.
    Anniversary
  • @lehc723 absolutely agree on Christmas Shoes. Not a fan.

I can't stand modern re-mixes of old songs or versions where they alter it too much from the original. 

Love all the classics though! Nat King Cole, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Co. did it best.
  • haaaaate Christmas Shoes...the book is even worse!  Really, any song about death or sickness is a downer for me.

Other than that, I love Christmas music.
  • I hate any version of Christmas songs sung by pop stars. I love the classics like Nat King Cole. My absolute favourite is Carol of The Bells done by the Trans Siberian Orchestra.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Dominic the Donkey! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_qotd-125-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:7142f4f8-cf65-4a1d-b2cd-1998d821e038Post:de4ef7de-b5e0-46b0-878b-890ce8bc3666">Re: QOTD 12/5</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dominic the Donkey! 
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

I despise this.
    Anniversary
  • I don't love or hate any Christmas music.  By the end of winter I'm pretty sick of all Christmas songs.  Repetition drives me insane.  I went to the grocery store yesterday and they had "Santa Claus is coming to town" playing on a loop.  After hearing it nonstop, the whole time I was there, I was ready to punch an elf.
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2012
    George Michael/Wham Last Christmas is my on my hate list!  I change the station as soon as it comes on the radio.  I know there are a couple more, but I can't remember them right now.  But, I honestly love Christmas music and it's on every day from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Day.  Love it!
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2012
    I actually really hate Christmas music in general. Not because I'm a grinch...I just find most of them incredibly obnoxious. The only ones I like are the classic nice ones I grew up singing during Christmas mass. The songs I cannot absolutely stand are Christmas Wrapping don't know who it's by but I hate them for making that song and Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time by Paul McCartney. Those songs drive me crazy and every time I hear them, I want to scream.
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • I HATE the Christmas Shoes too! At least it seems like the radio stations have realized that people hate that song and the haven't been playing it nearly as much in the past few years.

I really like the classic stuff too (Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, etc). Italian Christmas traditions are a big part of my life, soI also love the Italian Christmas songs (Dominic the Donkey, Buon Natale, etc). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am not a fan of Chirstmas Shoes either.  It makes be cry because the same time that it came out, my mom was given a few months to live.  It was horrible.  I still can't listen to that song.

I also HATE anything from Mannheim Steamroller.  They are so bad.  Santa Baby is making its way onto my list too.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Mariah Carey's "All i want for christmas"
  • Living in Jersey, I get crap for this but I hate all of Springsteen's Christmas songs. 
  • Do they know it's Christmas or whatever the title of that song is....
  • I am one of those crazy people who absolutley love Christmas music!  I listen to only Christmas music from Thanksgiving til about the weekend after Christmas :-) Drives my H batty but I can't help it.  Can't say I have any one song that I hate.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • I also hate "A Wonderful Christmastime" by Wings (or is it just Paul McCartney?), and it's H's FAVORITE Christmas song. We're managing to make it work despite this, but man, it's tough. ;)
    Anniversary
  • White Christmas. I'm finally getting to where I can listen to it again, though. 

My first Christmas working in retail, back in 2005, I worked at Walgreens. Not only did we have Christmas music over the speakers, we had a hidden CD player on the Christmas aisle playing one of the CD's we had for sale too. Someone had managed to put it on repeat song instead of repeat album. I was fairly busy with customers, and when I did have time to look for the player, I couldn't find it!! I finally found it about 7 hours through an 8 hour shift...so I heard it on repeat for 7 hours. ahhh!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Beyonce/Destiny's Child's version of the 12 days of Christmas. Or the Muppet version.  it's a toss up.  they are both SO annoying.

I work in a grocery story.  Since the day after Thanksgiving it's been all Christmas music.  Christmas music is okay...but when you hear it constantly...UGH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Am I the only one that can stand Christmas Shoes?  I think its kind of cheesy, but I do like the song.  

The song I ABSOLUTELY hate is "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer".  I mean, seriously?
  • Chirstmas shoes song...

the Christmas in Africa song because simply it is over played... same with War is Over (John lennon xmas song)... it is over played...

• Its not EXACTLY Christmasey BUT...Da Tirty Point Buck is always a song I relate with this time of year that gets on my nerves...its a stupid redneck hunting song. Didja see da tirty pointer? I saw da tirty pointer. Then there is this weird breathing...and yes I'm saying TIRTY not Thirty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards