Colorado

Vacation rental for location?

I am having a hard time finding what I want where I want for our wedding.  We are on a small budget so a lot is out of the ball park for us.  I have heard of people renting vacation homes and holding weddings there.  I am wondering if any one has done that or is going to do that in Colorado?  I am looking in Grand County and found a couple houses (on vrbo.com) but just looking for someone with experience to lend any tips, do's, don't's, great spots, etc. 

Re: Vacation rental for location?

• FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a park?
    June 2011 Signature Challenge Honeymoon imageWedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how many guests do you plan on having?  I'd look at Wild Horse Inn (B&B)...Chris is fantastic! :)  (We got married down the road at Devils Thumb Ranch) and would have gone with Wild Horse Inn, except that we didn't want a tented reception.  Good luck!!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • carriearmijocarriearmijo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hillside Garden in Spings is pretty cheap they have a ceremony site and reception site, you can do whatever you want you pay a flat rate and they offer extras for extra money, ours was only 1600. you might want to go take a look, you can just walk in without an appointment, I reccomend it if you are having a summer wedding.
    hillsidegardens.net
  • wendelyn40wendelyn40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a barn near Lake Granby called the AA Barn that the local forest service office rents out for $100, beautiful location and many have used this for weddings.  they have picnic tables there.  I would contact the local forest service office about it.
    Anniversary
  • wendelyn40wendelyn40 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is also Wolf Park in Winter Park with a pavallion with grills and a gazebo.  They now take reservations and it is free of charge.  Contact the Town of Winter Park 970-726-8081.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards