Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Need Ideas

I am having a Christmas themed wedding in December and I need ideas for foods that go with the theme. Also any ideas besides regular dinner foods (i.e. specialty drinks, creative food bar ideas) would be much appreciated.

Re: Need Ideas

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Hot cider, Hot chocolate, Christimas cookies, gingerbread, Christmas candies (candy canes, barley sugar toys).  What is your traditional Christmas dinner, see if the caterer can do some kind of twist on it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I think all red, green, and white hors d'oeuvres would be fun.  An hot chocolate shooters with little candy canes.
    I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP, if your family has a "tradition" for Xmas dinner, see if you can get that.

The expensive versions would be standing rib roast at a carving station, tenderloin, maybe with Yorkshire Pudding (which most people don't like,LOL)

Cheaper versions would be ham or turkey, with sides of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes.

You could incorporate a cookie decorating table with plain sugar cookies, and some frostings & various sprinkles.

Maybe gingerbread houses?

A favor I did for an open house holiday party one year was this: I used small metal holiday cookie cutters, put them on waxed paper. Melted chocolate, then poured it into the cookie cutters and sprinkled them with nonpariels. I put them in the freezer, and once they hardened I put them in clear plastic bags with holiday prints and tied them with Xmas colored ribbon. The guests adored them.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    Ham? turkey with stuffing? cranberry sauce? hearty family style foods you would have at christmas dinner, gingerbread? drinks could be cofee nudge, hot toddy, ande's mint martini, hot coa coa, anything rich and homey tasting
  • edited December 2011
    In Italy, the Christmas Eve dinner is the feast of the 7 fishes, so perhaps a lot of Italian/seafood dishes?

A coffee bar/irish coffee as a drink?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards