Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Average price for a string trio

Hi ladies. For those who have hired classical musicians for their ceremony, I wanted to ask how much is the average cost for hiring them? We're looking around and the best I've found is $400 for 25 minutes of prelude music, the entrances and 15 minutes of postlude. Granted, we have 2 contemporary pieces that they have to learn. Just wondering what the norm is since I have no idea what the average cost of this is. Thanks!

Re: Average price for a string trio

• Options
    Figure $150 per musician (as long as they're not students). So, $450 for a trio.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with JK. After talking to some of the professional groups in the area, we put an ad out at the Cleveland Institute of Music and did receive responses of prices a little below $150 per musician. Don't be afraid of the students. Many of them have very extensive resumes.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicVacation
  • Options
    Where did you find one for $400?  I put an ad on CIM awhile back and haven't heard anything yet.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses ladies. Derrilyn the group I found is from Akron University, they've played at weddings before. She's charging us a little extra for travel so they might be cheaper than $400. If you need their info let me know.
  • Options
    If you could PM me their info that would be great :).
  • Options
    sent you a PM
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_average-price-string-trio?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:360af8e3-263c-4428-9748-50836b4a860aPost:9946a02e-a5fb-4567-ab2e-7be157dd991e">Average price for a string trio</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies. For those who have hired classical musicians for their ceremony, I wanted to ask how much is the average cost for hiring them? We're looking around and the best I've found is $400 for 25 minutes of prelude music, the entrances and 15 minutes of postlude. Granted, we have 2 contemporary pieces that they have to learn. Just wondering what the norm is since I have no idea what the average cost of this is. Thanks!
    Posted by ladymd81[/QUOTE]

I know of a string trio in Akron that my friend got for less than $400 - I think it was around $375. She was very pleased with them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards