Registry and Gift Forum

How many gifts?

We have begun registering and currently have registered at two different stores for about 105 gifts.  All our gifts cover a wide range of gift types and price points so we seem to have covered the diveristy point of the registry.  We are inviting 150 guests and I don't want to over register for gifts.  Some information I have looked at has said to register for 75 gifts, others for 200.  What have you guys done/found works?

Re: How many gifts?

• I think it sounds like what you have is great. Keep an eye on it as time goes on, and if you think you need to add then go ahead. I wouldn't worry about numbers -- register for what you want. 

But, if you do think about the numbers, remember it matters more how many invitations you send, not number of people (couples/families will usually give one gift together).

www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
  • I really didn't even count.  We just registered for everything we could think we wanted and left it at that. 

I don't know why you would worry about over-registering.  Anything left over on the registry after the wedding, you can usually get a store discount/completion discount for.  Remember a registry is just a wish list, it's not like you're requiring your guests to use it and buy everything on it.  Don't overthink it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just registered for the things that we intend to buy after the wedding.  As long as the registries are easily accessible for all of your guests, and have different price points, I'd say you're good.  Definately look at the registries again closer to the wedding and/or showers to make sure that there are still items in all price points on there.  You can always add more later if you need to.  Add the stuff you really want the most to it first.
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • I agree with the ladies above.  We just put a bunch of stuff that we wanted on our registry, like kitchen stuff, camping stuff, nicer linens, etc.  I would think that it is better to aim on the high side, especailly if you are having any showers.  People will look to your registries for gifts for your showers.  If there isn't anything you want, then don't worry beyond what you already have.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards