Snarky Brides
Options

Really Jealous Sister Rant

Ok, my sister is insanely jealous, and I really don't know what to do about it.  What she is jealous about is completely out of my control, and she is jealous about everything in my life.  Since I've gotten engaged her behavior has gotten much worse.  An example of her being jealous, is over the past two years I have lost a lot of weight due to major illness, she has gained weight due to illness, but she's furious because I've lost weight and she hasn't.  Mind you this illness, as with most, is not fun, and I would not wish it upon my worst enemy, but she's still mad because I'm thinner than I used to be.  Her behavior has gotten worse in that she bad mouths me to all family and friends saying I'm a liar, calling me a bitch, and telling them how I have ruined her life.  I would like to know how I have managed to ruin her life, other than just being born, which is apparently all that needed to happen.  Most family and friends do not believe her because they know me well.  They also know that I do not talk to her, I never call her, and I rarely see her.  She just moved back to the US after living in England for over 5 years.

My sister is married to a Brit, and she had 2 weddings one there and one here.  My fiance is from Jordan and we are having 2 weddings as well, one for his family, and one for mine.  This is easier than trying to get his family, which is rather large, he is one of 9 kids plus his parents, and his siblings' families all here, or trying to get all of my family over there.  Originally my mom and sister and nephew were going over though for the Jordanian wedding.  However, my sister became very angry with me because my mom and I went to try on wedding dresses to see what I liked and what looked good on me.  She has since decided she's not going to the Jordan wedding and she also deleted me as a facebook friend (the 2nd thing actually kind of amuses me).  I actually don't care that she's not coming to the wedding over there, as I feel she would only find a way to embarrass me, or try to humiliate me or my mother in front of my fiance's family.  I LOVE his family!  His sisters are some of my best friends, and to have her there treating my mom and I like dirt would have just been awful!  What I am now worried about is her coming to the American wedding.  I know she is jealous that I am engaged and getting married, but she's already had her weddings, which she didn't pay for anything for, and I have to pay for mine, which I am a little miffed about, but it's not that big of a deal for me because I would rather pay for it myself than to have my family have to pay for it.  I don't want her there because she is being so awful, but I know that I can't get out of inviting her to the wedding.  Her and I previously agreed that she would not be in my wedding party because we do not get along.  She already threatened to my mom of not coming, and to be honest I wouldn't care.  However, my mom would not be happy, and she said she didn't  want to have to explain it to the friends and family who would be there.  Can I disown her?  I would really like to at this point, and say I don't have a sister.

Anyhow, just needed to rant.

Re: Really Jealous Sister Rant

• Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    I think your sister and mine need to get together.

Kinda sounds like we're related to the same people...with only a few slight differences.  She's older than me by 3 years.  We've gone through a few periods in our life where we didn't really talk or see each other. She's jealous that I was already married once, and am getting married again...and she hasn't gotten married yet. (Not my fault she can't keep a man because she's nuts.)

She's jealous that I have children, and she has none. (She actually went off BC several years ago, but tells men that she dates that she is on it in an attempt to get pregnant.)

I finished school and have a good job...she can't hold one. She po'd my father to the point of getting disinherited when he passed away last summer, and that somehow is also my fault.

She even went so far as trying to file court papers trying to block my bank accounts so I couldn't pay for my wedding. (The courts wouldn't even let her file them they were so ridiculous.)

She's also a raging alcoholic...so I try to hate the disease instead of her.  However, for the sanity of myself as well as my children...I do not allow any communication between us. I have explained to her that as long as she chooses to remain an addict, she is not going to be in my life.  However, if she chooses recovery, I would be there to support her. 

I haven't heard from her since.  (She is also not invited to my wedding.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    wow she sounds a little nuts. Just kill her with kindness, esp around mom. If she doesn't come to the wedding then your mom will be mad at her and you can use the "well I tried to make her happy and be nice but I guess she didn't want to come to the wedding" line.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Gosh, I feel so bad for you.  I hope everything works out.  Honestly, she sounds like she might have some psychological issues going on upstairs.  : /  Sorry lady.
  • Options
    My sister and I are only 17 months apart, and through the years we have almost killed each other a couple times :)
    The only thing I can say is to do your own thing. Only you are responsible for your own happiness. If you truly don't care if she doesn't come to your wedding, then forget about her issues and enjoy planning your wedding!  I
  • Options
    I think that if you un-invited her, she might show up in a rage and crash your wedding anyway... you might want to think about recruiting someone you trust to kind of keep an eye on her though! It sounds nuts, I know- but SERIOUSLY! I'd do it for one of my friends- maybe just stick my foot out and trip her if she tries to do something crazy. I don't mean to be negative or scare you, but after reading your story i think it's something you might want to consider. Good luck!
  • Options
    Have a designated "security" man at your wedding. I have already told my brothers that they are "security" and if I want anyone removed from my wedding all I have to do is tell them and it's done.
    Let her come, if she at all upsets you, says anything that comes across as malicious, then send the "security" man after her and have her excorted out. In front of everyone.
    She has every right to be a jealous b*tch, but more importantly you have every right to not have to put up with that behaviour on your wedding day.
    Who knows, she may show up and be on her best behaviour and if she does, then you won't regret inviting her. But if she does go all diva on you, have her removed. And then go on to enjoy your day and don't give her another thought. (that's why you have the "security" man)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards