Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Invite officiant to reception?

Hi Ladies,

Thanks to many of your recommendations my FI and I have booked Rev. Lavender for our wedding this July. Super excited to work with her after all of the great things you have said about her. We're having a SMALL wedding (less than 100 people). The few weddings I have been to, the officiant has been present at the reception, but it's always been the long time family minister who is near and dear to the family. Since Rev. Lavender is new to us, I'm wondering if it's as important to have her at our reception that's going to be filled with 90% family and 10% friends/family friends. I know she's going to give us a spectacular ceremony, but we're committed to a certain number of guests at the reception, and I feel like if I have Rev. Lavender there, I'd also have to give her a plus one.

Can you all who used her tell me if she was at the reception? Was she invited and did she bring a guest? If it is out of the question, and I must have her at my reception, do I send her an invitation to the wedding and reception? Little panicky because I hadn't considered any of this before. Thanks for your help!!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Invite officiant to reception?

• edited December 2011
    I didn't use your officiant, but generally it is considered proper to invite your officiant to the reception.  We invited our priest (mailed him an invitation), and he declined.  I think most of the time officiants decline and invitation unless they are friends w/ the family, but I suppose you never know.  They may be hungry and want to join you for dinner :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Exactly what CCBelle said.
  • CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good to know! Thanks so much for the info!!
    Visit CapeCod.Weddings.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cdream05cdream05 member
    edited December 2011
    Do you invite & guest when you send them an invite? Or just them? 
  • CCBelATCCCBelATC member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that's a good question. Since they're telling me I have to invite her I'd think I'd giver her a plus 1, which is crazy because we're inviting close friends who have significant others and we're not inviting the significant others because we're restricted to so few people.........the saga continues :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards