Nevada-Las Vegas

Reviews - February 8th (Part 1)

Platinum Hotel and Spa - We stayed at the Platinum from Wednesday thru Sunday and we should have stayed until we departed on Tuesday, but you live and you learn.  The hotel rooms are extremely spacious.  We were upgraded to a Princess Suite with an amazing view of the strip.  I regret not taking some pics on the balcony.  The suite overlooked the pool deck and was just magnificent.  All of the service we recieved at the Platinum was above and beyond from the friendly valet to the maid service.  We had some issues with our room rate, but Steven Owens was extremely efficient in getting things straightened out.  They also were extremely accomodating in making sure we had a room ASAP seeing we arrived early Wednesday morning.  We requested a champagne bucket and champagne glasses for getting ready and they were delivered to our room in less than 15 minutes.  Its the small things and this hotel truly knocks things out of the park from the infused water in the lobby to the awesome jetted tubs in each suite. I actually enjoyed walking through the hotel because of all of the smiling friendly faces. I want to go back!

Stir Lounge - We had an informal meet and greet on Thursday.  We bought a few appetizers during happy hour and guests mingled. The lounge does get pretty busy during happy hour. The ambience is awesome. The bartender somehow knew I was a bride and created some fancy shots. I absolutely love the scented hand scrub in the bathroom.  Like I said its the small things!

Harmony - Harmony did the hair and makeup for both me and 5 of my bridesmaids.  SWEETEST lady ever.  I had my trial on the Wednesday that we arrived and lets just say I had one too many cocktails and she dealt with a big mouthed bride with ease.  She is absolutely awesome. All of my bridesmaids were happy with their hair and makeup.  She was prompt for both the trial and our wedding day. I cant say enough about her. I truly felt beautiful but not overdone.  The airbrush makeup and lashes were something that I was a bit worried about, but they were awesome. I didnt even feel like I was wearing them.  Once again she was just the sweetest and truly brought out the beauty in myself and my ladies. Now if only I could perfect the whole curling with a flat iron ;)

Jason's Deli - On a whim I ordered Jason's Deli deluxe sandwich platter for 10 and it was a lot of food. I probably should have ordered the smaller platter.  The food was good and when they saw my tiny sister picking up the order they insisted they would deliver directly to the room. 

I will be back with more reviews later!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reviews - February 8th (Part 1)

• platinum!!! Yayyy!!.. can't wait for the rest of your reviews and pics!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • woot wooot congrats and yay on the reviews :)
  • I'm glad there is another great review for Harmony!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-february-8th-part-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:e79b43e8-e34a-4b86-9404-c63269de72ddPost:6428f31f-d252-4d8f-ba27-faa1e736b4f8">Re: Reviews - February 8th (Part 1)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad there is another great review for Harmony!
    Posted by Candiceluera3[/QUOTE]

She was awesome! Absolutely awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards