Snarky Brides

Wedding gifts you never used

I am cleaning the house right now and this occured to me...

I have been married two years and have never used my blender. I guess it is a good thing to have though.

I have also not cracked my 'Bride and Groom' cook book ha!

If you're not married - shower gifts? What about things you anticipate not using FI wants to put on the registry?

Re: Wedding gifts you never used

• Ben wants to put the most ridiculous things on our registry.  He was getting into it way more than I was.  There are some DVDs on our Target registry - for really stupid movies, too. 

I kinda wanted to register for a big Kitchenaid mixer - but I know for a fact I will never, ever use it.
    panther
  • You just reminded me that we got a wedding cookbook. I should find that thing.

My MOH got us these really nice glasses decorated with oriental-type designs. I love them, but have no use for them so they are currently in the closet. My aunt got us the "key to a happy marriage," which is a key in a box with a poem about being happy and in love. It's nice, but I don't know WTF to do with it.
  • We got a beautiful Nambe silver serving dish.  I love it, but it's more of a display piece.  I don't know if we'll actually use it, but I want to keep it,
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • We got enough serving dishes, ice buckets and crystal punch bowls to serve a village. A large village even.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh God Seshat - your post reminds me of this horrifying "love heart" thing my maternal grandmother gave my sister for her wedding last year.  It was pretty... but yeah, what the hell is my sister going to do with that thing?  I love my grandma dearly but I'm wishing to God I don't get one of those things.
    panther
  • ooooh, now I kind of wished I registered for an ice bucket!

We did get a sweet stainless steel cooler with monogrammed because towels and beach chairs. We used them once. That sucks. We need to get out more.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-gifts-never-used?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d037bf9-c2f1-493b-b6b1-fc6d8fb08cccPost:1b4dc8d6-8c7a-45f5-80bc-e47b21cd6aad">Re: Wedding gifts you never used</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>ooooh, now I kind of wished I registered for an ice bucket!</strong> We did get a sweet stainless steel cooler with monogrammed because towels and beach chairs. We used them once. That sucks. We need to get out more.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Uhhh. Would you like one?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-gifts-never-used?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d037bf9-c2f1-493b-b6b1-fc6d8fb08cccPost:26e60a16-d52c-4237-8a3f-ccbe832252cb">Re: Wedding gifts you never used</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding gifts you never used : Only if you come to CT and deliver it to me in person. DO IT.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Well. Ok!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-gifts-never-used?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d037bf9-c2f1-493b-b6b1-fc6d8fb08cccPost:114d80ed-13f4-49c5-934f-d17a131fb571">Re: Wedding gifts you never used</a>:
    [QUOTE]Coffee maker, salad spinner, other kitchen-y things.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

Feel free to send the kitchen-y stuff you don't want my way. I love kitchen stuff the way some people here love office/school supplies.
  • There's a lot Seshat. People must have thought I could cook or something. haha
  • Funny thread.  It's only been a couple of months, but unless I force myself to do it, we'll never use those pretty pasta platters we got from brother-in-law.  And, we had to put away a very pretty but very stain-magnet-y table runner given to us by a co-worker.  With 2 messy kids, it just doesn't fit our life right now.   Not sure when we'll get a chance to wear our Toledo Mudhens jerseys.   We also got 2 really pretty salad bowls - we never make a big enough salad to use even one of them, but maybe we'll have parties? 
  • See, I actually REALLY want the blender. I want to make breakfast smoothies.

I'm not so sure I'll use the ice bucket we already got.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • We've used nearly everything we registered for at least once, except our serving dishes which are more for once we have a bigger place or kids and don't just put food straight on the dinner plates, and a couple kitchen gadgets like the potato masher.  We haven't used the food processor portion of the combination food processor/blender.  The mugs that came with our dishes are on display and we use the non-matching mugs I already had.

As for non-registry items, I haven't used the spatulas from our shower.  Or the painted napkin holders, which again we'll use once we have a bigger place/family and can host dinner, but the matching note holder is on the wall.  There are some functional pieces that I keep displayed but don't use so much (hand painted wine glasses, teapot, pottery vase, pottery serving bowl).  We still have champagne and whisky to drink.
  • I think the only thing we haven't used is a "Pizza Dome" that allows you to make 7 5 inch pizza. The box says that it's "the new fondue" but why would we want to have a party where people could make their own individual pizzas? I don't know WTF DH's godmother was thinking when she bought us that. It's still in it's box in the dinning room and it is HUGE so it takes up a lot of space.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-gifts-never-used?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d037bf9-c2f1-493b-b6b1-fc6d8fb08cccPost:ce0488c2-d9c2-48b5-bc8a-11f2d7f52b03">Re: Wedding gifts you never used</a>:
    [QUOTE] I kinda wanted to register for a big Kitchenaid mixer - but I know for a fact I will never, ever use it.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I use mine at least 4 or 5 times per week.  I'm sure I can help you find uses for it.  :)
  • Speaking of fondue, I am SO GLAD we didn't get a fondue set. I thought all married couples got at least three.
  • H's dads coworker got us (i suspect it was regifted actually) a ceramic cake plate from williams sonoma. It was sort of hideous, really like ornate and stuff and not our style at all. of course there was no receipt. We gave it to my parents, I think they sold it on ebay or something!
  • non- registry related:

candle holders! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-gifts-never-used?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d037bf9-c2f1-493b-b6b1-fc6d8fb08cccPost:9a5f26dc-e2fd-48ff-918d-c1deab32c27a">Re: Wedding gifts you never used</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of fondue, I am SO GLAD we didn't get a fondue set. I thought all married couples got at least three.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

And for that reason, I'm highly disappointed that we didn't get one.
  • We registered for a knife set that would be an upgrade to the one we have. We got one that was not on the registry and is worse than what we have, and can't be returned. So now it is under the bed waiting for a chance to re-gift it to someone just starting out for real, or until one day we have a garage or yard of our own to sell it in a garage or yard sale. /sigh
  • I actually have a cake plate on our registry. When we went last weekend to take back the duplicates, I suggested that we get the cake plate. FH looked at me and was like "Really you goona back a cake?" I had to laugh.

As far as shower gifts go, I really think that everything that I got, we will use.

@ Megan, we get a bunch of use out of our blender. My FH has my daughter hooked on smoothies!!

And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wedding-gifts-never-used?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:0d037bf9-c2f1-493b-b6b1-fc6d8fb08cccPost:02a869b1-c5f6-4cdb-b429-a3ad6bc7f2b9">Re: Wedding gifts you never used</a>:
    [QUOTE]See, I actually REALLY want the blender. I want to make breakfast smoothies. I'm not so sure I'll use the ice bucket we already got.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]
    Screw breakfast smoothies, I need a blender to make Margaritas with!
  • J gave me a Kitchenaid stand mixer our first Christmas together. It was a total surprise, at least until it showed up on the doorstep, in a Kitchenaid standmixer box. He was pissed. And I couldn't use it until Christmas Day. I use it several times a year; if I made more meals for the two of us, I'd probably use it more. Most of my baking is done at Christmas time, though. I'll make a bunch of different cookies he can take to work, etc. Last year - chocolate chip cookies with peppermint chips. I'm glad I kept some, because none came home.

All but one of our wedding gifts consisted of cash or gift cards to Lowes/Home Depot/Visa.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • edited October 2010
    I have enough towels in every color except the off white we asked for...

If anyone color scheme in thier bathroom is purple (talking Barney purple) and gold let me know lol

Also...the beer brewer he asked for was alot of fun...not so much oh and we didn't need 3 but thanks lol
  • We got a $9.99 set of VERY colorful kichen utensils.  I have yet to take them out of their plastic wrapping.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have quite a few things in boxes that have never opened!  We got blue vases that weren't on the registry, but were bought at bb&b and it just occured, why didn't I take them back?!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  •  I have a single-serving hand blender that I haven't, and probably will never use. Mostly because I have a regular-sized blender, and why only have a single margarita when you can have several :o)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards