October 2012 Weddings

when is your rsvp date?

my FI says July 1st but my sister said thats too early. when is your RSVP date?
Photobucket invite1

Re: when is your rsvp date?

• Yeah...that seems WAY too early.  You'll probably get people that won't respond or will decline because they simply just won't know if they can make it 3 months out.  I just don't think any headcount you get that early will be very accurate.  Plans can change in 3 months.  Also, your invites aren't supposed to go out until 6-8 weeks before so having your RSVP date be July 1st would mean it is definitely too early.  

Find out when the final head count is due to your caterer and make the RSVP deadline 1 or 2 weeks before that.  That way you have time to contact any RSVP stragglers.  This is  what we plan to do.

Hope that helps!  
    Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2
  • September 8thfor an oct 6 wedding.
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think we are putting ours a month before the date, but I'd be curious to hear what others are doing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• July is WAY too early! Your invites shouldn't go out until August (assuming you're not having a destination wedding). We don't have to have a final count to our venue until the week of the wedding,so I'm not sure when the RSVP date will be, but probably late September for an Oct 12 wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did October 1st for my October 20th wedding. I am nervous that is too late, but I think it is good enough.
    weddingpic
  • Our final counts aren't due until 3 days before the wedding, but we're setting the RSVPs at a month before the day (sept. 27 for an oct. 27 wedding)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ours is Sept 1st for Oct 13th wedding. A little earlier then most suggest but we need the numbers as early as possible for some last minute things. Also, all of our guests are OOT so we felt comfortable that people would need know by then that they'd be traveling or not.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 13, 2012
  • September 21st for an Oct 6th wedding. We don't need the head count until the 3rd.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Why July 1st? 

Mine is Oct 1st for Oct 27th wedding.  I picked the first cause it seemed easy to remember. 
  • Our RSVP date is Sept 1st for Oct 6th
    Wedding Countdown Ticker not
  • I'll probably do late September for an Oct 13 wedding. Like PP said, invites shouldn't go out any earlier than 6-8 weeks. Honestly, people won't know their schedules 3 months in advance. I don't get my schedule until a month before. By sending your invites out so early, you risk having people RSVP one way and then changing their minds.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are mailing out invites August 1st and our RSVP date will be September 15th. The wedding is Oct 7th.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Ours is Sept 15 for Oct 13. I wanted to make sure I had enough time to wait for any last minute mailers and be able to call anyone I don't hear from without feeling too rushed. 
  • I plan on mailing my invites August 11, RSVP date is September 21, wedding is October 12.
  • rsvp date is sept 22nd foe oct 13th wedding
    im mailing then out 1st week in august and my venue doesnt need a head count until 5 days before...
  • September 16th for a October 14th wedding. July is pretty early considering invites dont usually go out until around that time or a little later.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_when-is-your-rsvp-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:9fdddb66-7a32-42a0-9ee0-015617cbf61ePost:a516278e-531e-4d2f-b16e-f46137a32fa1">Re: when is your rsvp date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did October 1st for my October 20th wedding. I am nervous that is too late, but I think it is good enough.
    Posted by fishinflagrl[/QUOTE]

Me too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is on October 6, our invitations are going out August 1, and we'll have an RSVP date of September 5. Our wedding is OOT, so we sent STDs back in November to give plentry of notice for travel arrangements. And our hotel has rooms blocked until September 5 so it all seemed to work out :)
  • We did RSVP of September 12th for our Oct. 6th wedding. We are going to send invites out end of July/beginning of August.

I think July is too early of an RSVP date.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My RSVP date is September 20th for an October 12th Wedding :)
  • We're sending ours out the first week of August with a RSVP date of September 1st for a October 6th wedding. Our venue wants to know a pretty accurate count about a month out, so I figured I'd give myself about 5 days of cushion in case I have to call anyone :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

261 Invited image
    174 Want to Party image
    56 Are Party Poopers image
    31 Can't find the mailbox image
  • biopoobiopoo member
    First Comment
    June 16th for my October 16th destination wedding. My venues need to know a head count by August at the latest. For me, I figured their trip should be booked by then if they are actually going and then they have a month to cancel before I notify my venues. We booked our plane/resort in January. We sent out the invites last week and the RSVPs are already trickling in!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards