New York-Hudson Valley

venue thoughts - cv rich, whitby, shaaray tefila

Hil all! II'm new to the boards (and to the wedding planning) and would love some thoughts on these venues.  We were trying to find someplace beautiful and sophisticated but also a bit unique.  Does anyone have any thoughts on these places?  Any other suggestions along these same lines?  Thanks for your help!

Re: venue thoughts - cv rich, whitby, shaaray tefila

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any info on the places you are asking about. Initially in planning, I requested info from CV Rich, but it was over our budget. 

Have you looked at Jean Jacques caterers?

http://www.jean-jacques.com/venues.aspx

We had our reception at Putnam National Golf Club and we had an amazing time! They also have a bunch of other venues as well, and quite a few are mansions. Maybe they have something that fits your needs. A few girls on here also had their weddings at a Jean Jacques venue, and the food is outstanding!

GL! HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard feedback on CV Rich and Whitby.

Both I was told are beautiful and CV Rich uses Jean Jacques Caterers which have great reviews.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_venue-thoughts-cv-rich-whitby-shaaray-tefila?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:db51827f-2001-4e43-a3b2-194de940743dPost:df4389cc-1547-4723-a414-fcf20b7b8c36">Re: venue thoughts - cv rich, whitby, shaaray tefila</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard feedback on CV Rich and Whitby. Both I was told are beautiful and CV Rich uses Jean Jacques Caterers which have great reviews.
    Posted by Sewilson33[/QUOTE]

Actually, CV Rich uses Caperberry Events for catering. Jean Jacques does a great job at the venues in their list, (see the link above) but CV Rich isn't one of them. I know it can get confusing!
  • edited December 2011
    I Looked at Whitby for my wedding and I got the impression that they didn't really have their ish together with regards to weddings.  Outdoor ceremonies had to be without seating (they said no chairs on the lawn) and there was no indoor cocktail hour space.  Also, I didn't like that the ballroom was painted red.  I mentioned that to the manager and he said "yeah, people keep telling me we should paint it back cream like it was before..."  Umm, yes you should.

I had my wedding at the Garrison and it was pretty unique, IMO.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • cusi229cusi229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'll tell you that i do know Whitby castle prices START at 150 and go up from there per person.  very expensive.
  • caesarkittycaesarkitty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Whitby for our wedding.  I did not look at any of the other places you listed, but the other places I looked at that I felt were similar to the castle/mansion feel were all considerably more expensive than Whitby.  Whitby was the only place that was willing to adjust the package to fit what we wanted and to help get it closer to our budget.

All in all, I really fell in love with the location, and felt it was worth it to spend a little bit more than we had originally wanted to.

I will agree with the poster about the red walls.. I'm not in love with them, but it wasn't enough to sway my decision.  I think the chair thing might be different now.. when we discussed prices for having the ceremony there, I was quoted a different price with and without chairs, which leads me to believe they do allow chairs now.  It didn't matter to us, because we ended up deciding to have our ceremony at church.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards