Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Feeding the photographer

Morning, fellow Knotties!  I'm fairly new to these boards, so I'm sorry if this question has been beaten to death, but...

My fiance and I are getting married at Paris and having our reception dinner at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant a couple hours later (some photo taking will take place in between).  We've secured Bently and Wilson as our photographer from 4:30-8:30.  Dinner is at 6:30 and I'm just kind of curious...what do people do with their photographers at Vegas weddings?  I imagine he'll be able to take some photos during dinner, but with a guest list of only about 35 it's not like a grand reception hall where he can work the room for hours.  What are you all doing?  Thanks a lot for any help you're able to give.  (And on an unrelated note...what does "MUD" mean on these discussion boards?  Thanks again!)

Re: Feeding the photographer

• Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've booked Todd for 8 hours--so, we will definitely be feeding him! Our reception is at Maggiano's, and they have a specific pricing for vendors (because they assume he will not be drinking) that is significantly less than what we are paying per person for our guests. It's a nice gesture to feed him--considering he will be taking pictures during the time of a meal.

*MUD = Made up drama (i.e. someone making up a story just to stir the other knotties up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My answer is the same as RachNRich. I have Todd booked for 8 hours and my reception is at Maggiano's as well so I will include him in my numbers as well as my DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's necessary to provide a meal in your case because it's only 4 hours, but it's up to you if you feel it's appropriate or just want to be nice! I'm sure he would appreciate it, but I don't think vendors expect a meal (at least they shouldn't), especially if they're working for less than 8 hours.
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you very much, ladies (and congratulations to you all too!).  These boards have been invaluable in helping us through our planning!
  • Options
    Micheles60Micheles60 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think it would be polite to make the offer to your photographer, and I would plan on him eating something. If he chooses not to eat, it's his decision and you are a generous host.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards