African American Weddings

House or Hotel

Where are you ladies getting dressed? I'm stuck between getting dressed at home or should I get dressed at a hotel. Since money is tight I figured I could save by getting dressed at home but my MOH offered to pay for the first night as a wedding gift. My house is big enough for everybody to get dressed at. So I would love to hear where you all are getting dressed at/

Re: House or Hotel

• My BM are getting dressed at the hotel. We are staying there the night before the wedding as a fun night. Then I'll have my hair and makeup done there, but I won't put my dress on until I get to the church.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • I was thinking about getting dressed in a hotel but now I leaning towards getting dressed at home.
  • I would say if you can, get dressed at your home. We will be at the hair salon all day getting make up and hair done, so after that we will be driving straight to our venue and getting dressed there. Both ceremony and reception are at the same place. The venue has a bridal and groom's suite. 
    Anniversary
  • Rowenac82 my situation is similar to yours. My ceremony and reception are will be at the same place as well. They also have a bridal suite for the bride to get dressed. But I never thought about getting dressed over there. That may be an option since I will be getting my hair and make up done in the morning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_house-or-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5f67fd61-94b2-41f1-9efb-261e54b0433bPost:ef30de25-6195-4be6-ad2f-620c5d9dc17d">Re: House or Hotel</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rowenac82 my situation is similar to yours. My ceremony and reception are will be at the same place as well. They also have a bridal suite for the bride to get dressed. But I never thought about getting dressed over there. That may be an option since I will be getting my hair and make up done in the morning.
    Posted by brandidt84[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Also not sure what the arrangement is with your photographer. But for me, he's not traveling around with me. His time starts at the venue, so in order for me to get any getting ready pics, it will have to be at the venue. </div><div>
    </div>
    Anniversary
  • My wedding/ reception is all at a banquet hall and we are getting dressed there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm getting dressed at home. Our first look is nearby so its just easier.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • As far as my photographer we will have him for 6hrs but his hours start once he arrives. The wedding starts at 5pm and is over at 10:30. So maybe I can have him meet me at the venue and start from there. Because if I was to get dressed at home that's where his time would start plus time is being deducted for him traveling to the venue as well.
  • Our ceremony and reception are at the same place which happens to be a hotel. So we will be getting dressed there.
    imageAnniversary
  • I am getting dressed at home because I feel I might forget something.
    imageAnniversary
  • I'm getting dress at home, like PP said I might forget something. . and since I've lived in this house my whole life I would like it to be in my "getting ready" pictures
  • The country club I'm getting married at has a suite for the wedding party to use on the wedding day, so we'll get ready there :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hotel. I am having all of the girls stay together the night before so when we rise and shine, we get on the road
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Most likely getting ready at the venue so that way the photographer want have to travel to too many places to get pics of the girls and guys !

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Fi lease on his apartment was up 2 weeks before our wedding..so I decided to have the guys get dresses at our house..and I booked a hotel..my mother and I stayed the night before the wedding and got dressed there the day of the wedding..it worked out well since the hotel was about 5 minutes from the church..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • My venue will give us the Bridal Suite.  Getting ready there
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got dressed at my mother's house (home).. I wanted to have everyone get dressed at a hotel, but it meant to much to her that I "leave" from the house (as my sister did the same, and it was symbolic for us leaving the nest.. at least in her mind)... so I happily obliged... plus the church was less than 5 min from the house so it also made sense.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards