Wedding Reception Forum

Signature cocktails

My FI and I have decided to do beer, wine, and his and her drinks. He has chosen an old fashioned for his drink but I don't know what to choose for mine. I'm trying to stay away from martinis so we don't have to rent a different type of glass. The wedding is this September at a vineyard.

Re: Signature cocktails

• Check out pinteret, tons of ideas.
  • In Response to Re:Signature cocktails:[QUOTE]My FI and I have decided to do beer, wine, and his and her drinks. He has chosen an old fashioned for his drink but I don't know what to choose for mine. I'm trying to stay away from martinis so we don't have to rent a different type of glass. The wedding is this September at a vineyard. Posted by cmk42288[/QUOTE]

Consider a vodka/raspberry lemonade. You can add a splash of gingerale or sprite to give it a bit of fizz.

We did this drink with white wine, because our venue didn't allow hard liquor. It was a huge hit.
  • If the wedding is at a vineyard, I'd consider doing a wine cocktail.  Maybe something with champagne?

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I think I might shy away from a wine cocktail since you will be at a winery and there are already wine choices. It seems like the signature drinks could appease those who don't drink wine or beer. I agree that a vodka drink would be good, it's a pretty popular liquor. An old fashioned is a pretty strong drink so I might choose something sweet to even it out.
  • I think I might shy away from a wine cocktail since you will be at a winery and there are already wine choices. It seems like the signature drinks could appease those who don't drink wine or beer. I agree that a vodka drink would be good, it's a pretty popular liquor. An old fashioned is a pretty strong drink so I might choose something sweet to even it out.
  • We are planning to do strawberry daquiris as one of our drinks and our bartender will make them green since olive green and navy blue are our colors. I would make one a sweeter drink. I know I am not a big drinker and I like a sweeter drink as I don't like beer or wine
  • edited January 2013
    I think I might do a "dirty shirley" which is vodka, sprite, and grenadine and we'll call it a "blushing bride" (and call the old fashioned "something old"). I think it's cute because it's sweet and vodka like you all suggested. But I also used to drink them a lot in college so I know my college friends will get a kick out of it and it will bring back some good memories. Thanks for all your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards