Hawaii
Options

recommend your DJ please :)

What's the going rate for DJ's?  We only need one for part of our reception since we'll have live entertainment at the beginning... :) can you recomment your dj? :) 

TIA :)
Todd & Cari
7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel

Re: recommend your DJ please :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    our is carlos feliciano. he was much cheaper than troy michael (the only 2 we looked at).
  • Options
    japnezdolljapnezdoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Ryan from HiDef Sound productions http://www.hidefsoundproductions.com/
    He's super cool and has great prices!! And he does a great job at mixing.  He can also recommend a great Emcee if you don't have one either.  He was also cheaper than most of the other DJ's I had contacted.  He's also very quick at responding to emails and has been helpful getting me in contact with a vendor to do special ambiance llighting.  I know another knottie who used them and had great reviews also.

Hope this helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have hired Tony So (808-753-7233).  We looked at Michael Troy but found mixed reviews on wedding wire.  Tony has such a great personality and great great reviews on wedding wire.  Also, he's really into his job that we felt he's the one for the party.

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/the-dj-hawaii-professional-entertainment-services-featuring-tony-so-honolulu/e4bac097b1c5f5a7.html

• Options
    Banana_BrideBanana_Bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto japnezdoll. Recommended by previous knottie, Tya and by my wedding coordinator.  His prices are the lowest as I’ve contacted a few other DJs.  He doesn’t provide emcee service, which I'm ok with as I don't expect too much emceeing..will just ask a friend to do intro, etc..  He is really quick in responding and I think he promotes at local clubs in Honolulu…so I’ve been asking him for recommendations on that too and he’s great.  Very flexible as well as I just decided with a musician for the ceremony part and he was ok with adjusting the contract for that but said he'll still be there early to setup anyways.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    RYAN FROM HI DEF!!!

he is sooo great!!!  you will be so happy with him.  he is just the nicest guy and his music choice is great.  he kept our guest dancing throughout the night and everyone said how great the music was.  we also used his friend as our emcee.  he was great as well. kept us laughing throughout the night!

ryan and jennifer |august 10, 2009| lanikuhonua phase II
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this!  I was looking for a DJ as well.  Thanks for the recommendations ladies!
  • Options
    jeniorosojenioroso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want a DJ who can really get your guests on their feet and interactive in the program, Teley Brandon from ShowTime DJ's and United Rhythm Dance company is the guy for your wedding!  He has such a great energy about him and he knows how to keep the guests attention for you.  808-785-4830.  finaledj@hotmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've used NDMixx productions in the past for other parties and we know lots of people that have used them for weddings and baby parties.  I don't know anyone who has been disappointed with them.  The first time we used Gil was my daughter's first bday over 15 years ago so he's been in business a long time.  I saw him recently at the Bridal Expo at the convention center and he was the vendor that they hired to do the sound system for the entire expo and the fashion show, so I'd say he's pretty trusted.  I remember him being affordable, really easy to work with and he customized what we wanted...that's what we really liked.  When I saw him at the expo, he also said he does lighting as well.

https://ndmixx.com/home_page.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards