Louisiana-New Orleans

Post-reception bar

A preemptive thanks to everyone - through recommendations from this board, I've booked a venue, band and photographer that I otherwise may have never found on my own! So I'll just keep asking questions.... :)

I'm looking for a bar to hold a post-reception party (since our reception will end a tad early). I'd like to rent a private room with a balcony overlooking Bourbon if possible, but don't want a non-bar banquet room (which is what I've found so far).

Does anythign spring to mind? Thanks again!

Re: Post-reception bar

• edited December 2011
    I'm looking for the same thing! I feel like my 3 hour reception is too short. It's a Sunday event, so I know a lot of people will want to leave early to get home. However, there are quite a few of us that are hard-core and will want to keep the party rolling. Our hotel is in the Quarter (but our wedding/recpetion is not), so I want a place within walking distance to the hotel. I know BBC and Cats Meow have balconies, but I don't know that they will allow renting them out for private functions (I'm sure they would for the right price). I'm thinking about checking into Royal Sonesta's Bourbon balcony. You could always hire a bartender and set up a little bar area for your guests.

I hope someone has better ideas than me!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I checked out a few bars, like Cat's Meow - it's pretty expensive to rent it out and you have to pay for a drink package so basically it would be another reception. The Royal Sonesta has a couple  "entertainment suites" that are pretty cool - they have large balconies overlooking Bourbon. You can hire bartenders for a cash bar ($200/hr for bartender and cashier) or pay per guest and cover their drinks (typical $30+ per person for open bar). Plus you'd get the suite all night if you wanted to just use it as a honeymoon suite (it has a living room area and separate bedroom). They said a 2 bedroom usually ran $1000/nt and the 1 bedroom ran $800/nt.

We don't have it in our budget to cover everyone's drinks after the reception, so we're mainly looking for a bar that can just reserve space for a large group (even if we have to pay a bit to reserve it) without having to purchase a drink package. I saw a bride on here say that they sort of took over Finnegan's (across from Pat O's) so we may go talk to them when we head down to NOLA for a recon weekend in a couple weeks.

Good luck and I'll update if I find anything else!
  • edited December 2011
    House of Blues has a covered courtyard called the Voodoo Garden and the Parish Room.  They have minimums that must be spent, but you can have your guests pay cash bar and as long as the minimum is met you don't have to buy a drink package.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards