April 2013 Weddings

Plans?

Any super awesome plans for the weekend?

I think tonight I am going to the bar with some of my coworkers.

Tomorrow I am going to the lake to celebrate my 'mini me''s birthday. I am so excited to see her and her siblings, I miss them so much!

Sunday I have a grad party to go to. It is for one of my old cheerleaders. I coached her back when she was in 6th-8th grade and it makes me feel so old!

Re: Plans?

• FI has a job interview today and when he gets back we're going to the Pirates game...if we can stand the heat.  

Tomorrow I'm going to an outlet mall with my parents.  FI is kind of upset I'm going since one of his clients has this big retirement party tomorrow afternoon but he'll get over it.  They just opened a Vera Bradley outlet and I'm all over that!

Sunday, we have our niece's baptism and after that, no plans.  He's had a busy week so we'll probably just relax.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    How hot is it by you Erbear? It is only going to be about 80* or so here so not as bad as the last few days!
  • Ahh I know what you mean about the heat! Its been close to 100 here the past few days, but at least our pool is FINALLY up and running (it was messed up during that hurricane last august.) 
    I work the next 5 days, but I am officially finished all of my classes until the end of August, so I can get back to wedding planning! Now that I have free time, I wont be stuck using TK's mobile site because I post something, and then think that it got eaten, only to log in to a computer days later and find it. Thats why I rarely post, so depressing!
  • FI and I are planning on driving down to Panama City Beach for the weekend to escape the heat. My mom and brother are in town visiting us, and it was a toss up between driving to Savannah or PCB, but we decided that the extra hour drive would be worth it since we like that beach better. :)

FI has today off so I think he's going to show my brother how to make tamales. I hope so--I love it when he makes them! Plus I get to nibble and taste test as they go since I work from home. :)
  • Surfer Girl, welcome to PCB!!!  For all you northerners on here, I don't wanna hear about the heat ;-)  All kidding aside, it's a beautiful day on the Emerald Coast with a forecasted high of 88 and 79% humidity, ohhhh yea!!  P.S. I didn't really choose to live here, the military chose for me but it was the reason my FI and I reunited and got engaged so it's all good  ;-)

I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon and then one of my BMs and I are going to dinner and doing an art project to relieve some stress.  Tomorrow, another one of my BMs and I are taking our dogs over to Shell Island on a ferry(very quick ride) for a beach cleanup and picnic in the morning and then she and I are dropping the pups off and going on a sunset wine cruise that evening :-)  Sunday is open for chores.  Finally get to see my FI in a little over a week :-DDDD
  • Happy weekend everyone!!!!!! Tonight FI and I are probably just going to relax, tomm. night we have a having and were planning to hopefully do something outdoors during the day. Sunday we will be at my brothers for my niece and nephews family birthday party. It is supposed to be one of the nicer weekend days, so I can wait to be poolside :)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:4f0ce5ed-611f-4d5f-a5bf-3b51dc8f78a5Post:4a5e1c3b-5491-4505-9d51-f0d79aba9229">Re: Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Surfer Girl, welcome to PCB!!!  For all you northerners on here, I don't wanna hear about the heat ;-)  All kidding aside, it's a beautiful day on the Emerald Coast with a forecasted high of 88 and 79% humidity, ohhhh yea!!  P.S. I didn't really choose to live here, the military chose for me but it was the reason my FI and I reunited and got engaged so it's all good  ;-) I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon and then one of my BMs and I are going to dinner and doing an art project to relieve some stress.  Tomorrow, another one of my BMs and I are taking our dogs over to Shell Island on a ferry(very quick ride) for a beach cleanup and picnic in the morning and then she and I are dropping the pups off and going on a sunset wine cruise that evening :-)  Sunday is open for chores.  Finally get to see my FI in a little over a week :-DDDD
    Posted by lch0708[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :)

That sounds like fun (maybe not the chores part, lol)! I've only been to PCB once since FI's cousin lives there, but really loved it. I grew up down by Miami/Sunny Isles and miss the beach! I'm not sure I'm used to this weather here in Atlanta yet. If I'm going to be dealing with high temps AND high humidity, there sure better be a beach close by, lol. I hate feeling landlocked!
  • It's supposed to be 90+ again today here.  The humidity's been out of control lately but it rained last night so I'm hoping when I actually get my butt moving it'll be a little better outside!  
  • My ears start popping when I'm heading inland...the curse of being a diver?

Enjoy the sea breeze, Surfer Girl :-) 

Erbear, y'all have fabulous rivers up there, jump in and cool off after the game, haha.  FI and I were hanging out on the Mon a couple of weeks ago, fun!!!

• lch, ew ew EW I would NOT jump in one of these rivers, lol.  I see people jumping in from time to time (mostly when there are big concerts like Kenny Chesney and everyone's drunk out of their minds) and I just cringe.  Ew.  It is less humid now, which is good.  It looks like it might rain BUT I am finally getting to do my painting projects I've wanted to do!
  • My plans for the weekend?  All cancelled, courtesy of a 4 year old with swimmer's ear who has turned into an absolute BEAR.  Honestly, I may very well be drinking heavily tonight once she goes to bed.

If anyone needs help putting off having children, I will gladly give out my address.  Feel free to come on over.  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Aww, poor babyChiGirl.  :(  I always had to swim with earplugs since I used to get swimmer's ear, too.  

BTW, totally encourage drinking.  ;)
  • edited June 2012
    erbear-don't swallow the water and you should be just fine ;-)  haha, there are certain spots that are safer than others(upriver from the industrial stuff).  Feel free to come to Florida for some prettier water, though :-)
  • I have a graduation party to go to on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing my family. Also hope to book our plane tickets for our destination wedding this weekend as well. That will be a big check I'll be happy to take care of : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:4f0ce5ed-611f-4d5f-a5bf-3b51dc8f78a5Post:53e221a2-f19a-4712-9e26-4add04779944">Re: Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]erbear-don't swallow the water and you should be just fine ;-)  haha, there are certain spots that are safer than others(upriver from the industrial stuff).  Feel free to come to Florida for some prettier water, though :-)

<div>My FI's family has a camp upriver on the Allegheny...it's nice and all but there are still river snakes and seaweed clumps that freak me out.  I'm all about pools!  And I'd loooooove to go back to Florida.  I haven't been in nearly 10 years.  Texas and Georgia have been eating up my vacation time! :P</div>
  • Surfer Girl, sorry about the tropical storm!!!  I tried to tell her to go away but she didn't listen.  My morning boat ride with the dogs was scratched but the wine cruise still went out.  We didn't even make it out of the channel before everyone got soaked and the captain turned the boat around.  I was one of the only passengers to bring a rain jacket, haha.  Luckily we had all had a glass or two of wine at that point so no one was horribly upset.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:4f0ce5ed-611f-4d5f-a5bf-3b51dc8f78a5Post:7e110bd2-47a8-41d0-9638-3349e541f25c">Re: Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Surfer Girl, sorry about the tropical storm!!!  I tried to tell her to go away but she didn't listen.  My morning boat ride with the dogs was scratched but the wine cruise still went out.  We didn't even make it out of the channel before everyone got soaked and the captain turned the boat around.  I was one of the only passengers to bring a rain jacket, haha.  Luckily we had all had a glass or two of wine at that point so no one was horribly upset.

Haha, no worries. After driving 6 hours, there was no way I was turning the car around so we just hung out and built sand castles and stuff. Definately took a beating from the waves, but it was fun still. I had brought my snorkeling gear, but not my surf board--I should have brought that instead! :)

I'm glad you still got to enjoy a few glasses of wine though! I saw some people gishing and going out on their boats yesterday and couldn't help but think they were crazy! Oh well, at least there's always another weekend, right? :)
  • This is true!  PCB goes through this weird cycle where the weekends are crappy but it's gorgeous during the week and then it'll reverse.  Apparently June brought the not-so-nice weekends so I'm sure July will be lovely, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards