Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Vendor Reviews

Reposting from the NEO Board:

My wedding was June 15th and it was absolutely perfect!  Here are my vendor reviews, I hope they will help some of you in choosing your vendors!  Happy planning! :)

Ceremony: Hudson Springs Park A+++++
Gorgeous setting, everything was absolutely perfect (and we were lucky to have PERFECT weather!).  The pavilions are free to rent but only residents of Hudson can reserve.  DH asked around at work and we found someone who was willing to rent it for us.  We rented the Clark Pavilion and set up chairs nearby.  The Ketubah signing was under it and the musicians played from under it.  Contact Beth Weiser for more info about renting pavilions. 

Reception: Country Club of Hudson A+++++
Awesome venue!!!  Very nice elegant dining room, with chandeliers and nice woodwork and high ceilings.  The dance floor is outside on their patio under an awning (and there are plastic walls if you need them, or they will set up inside if you want) and it was so cool and unique!  The food was delicious and the service was great!  Their food is pretty reasonable, their bar packages are on the pricey side.  I did a lot of research on other venues and I thought everything was worth it, it was a wonderful venue and comparable prices to some of the places I looked at that felt cheap/dated to me.  During the planning process the person we initially met with when booking was replaced twice and I wasn't told until I contacted them with a question or whatever.  I had no problems with anyone that I worked with, I just wished that when the new person started they would have emailed me to let me know.  It was also a little annoying to go over details so many times.  But in the end everything turned out fantastic and I would definitely recommend them.  Also they used to have an Events Coordinator as a separate position but the 2nd change was because they got rid of that position and made it part of the job of the Food & Banquet Coordinator.  So the person who took over the 2nd time had worked there for awhile and was very good.  She did a great job on the day of, she was easy to find for any problems. http://cchudson.com/

Bakery: Michaelangelo's Bakery A+++++
We went with this bakery in Broadview Hts. on a recommendation and it was wonderful.  Our cake was delicious and gorgeous!  I compared prices online to other bakeries and thought they were pretty reasonable for being soo good.  Ours was about $3 per slice but the prices start at about $2.25 for the same size cake with a simpler design.  http://www.michaelangelosbakery.com/new/michaelangelosbakery/

Florist: Roses for Weddings A+++++ 
Ety was wonderful, I showed her some pictures of bouquets I liked and the flowers turned out so gorgeous!  She is very affordable!  She also decorated the chuppah and it was beautiful.  She also did my chair covers and when you get chair covers through her you get a free rental of vases.  I used those for DIY centerpieces that were really easy and turned out great!  http://rosesforweddings.com/ 

Photographer: Amy Ann Photography A+++++
Amy's an acquaintance of mine and she does photography on the side out of Columbus.  Pictures were really important to me and the main reason we picked her was she does AMAZING work.  Seriously.  And she had some great ideas and was very flexible and helpful the day of, and I know the pictures will come out great.  Can't wait to see them!  She also offered the option of having a 2nd shooter if we wanted, but we decided not to.  We did pictures beforehand and did a first look and she did a great job coordinating everything for that and for all the family pictures.  http://amyannphoto.zenfolio.com/ 
And she sent us a preview pic: 

Ceremony Musicians: Hannah Kreutzfeldt A+++++
I found a string trio through these boards, they are from University of Akron.  They did a great job.  We didn't give them any specific songs or anything, they just played classical music and it was very lovely.  They were $330 for a trio.  Contact hannah.kreutzfeldt@gmail.com.

DJ: Rock the House A++++++
Love them!  They kept the party hopping!  They really did an awesome job and the price was reasonable.  We got a coupon for a free uplighting package at a bridal fair and the lighting was a nice bonus, something that added a nice touch that we wouldn't have otherwise splurged on.  We seriously had a great time at the reception.  We told them the type of music we like and what we wanted played and they did a great job.

Hair and Make-up: Maria Giallanza Salon A+++++
I found this salon by searching Google for salons in Solon because we got ready in Solon at my mom's house.  They were fairly reasonable, they do a free hair trial which really saves a lot, and it was a nice salon that really does a great job.  It's also an Aveda salon and non-tipping (though they did accept tips on the day of).  I got my hair and make-up done and they made me look beautiful and made me feel special.  I had to go back for a 2nd trial because the girl who I had the first one with quit, but they did that for free and I was able to change my mind about what I wanted and I liked it a lot better!  http://www.mgsalon.com/

Wedding Dress: Images Salon A++++

I found a dress at Images when they were closing.  It was a great deal for a beautiful gown, my dream dress!!  The owner was so nice, I wish I could send other brides to her. 

Alterations: The Sewing room in Broadview Hts. A++
Recommended by Images.  Linda does a great job and she's very reasonable.  The only issue we had was at the reception the bustle was not as easy to do as it seemed when she showed us and it came undone.  We used safety pins to pin it but that came undone too.  By the end of the night I was holding the train of my dress.  I did a French bustle and I probably would have done it different if I had known.  (440) 230-2345

Save the dates and Programs: Vistaprint A+++++
I love the way the save the dates and programs from Vistaprint turned out and they were really reasonable!  I would recommend ordering early and giving it plenty of time to ship because their expedited shipping can get pretty expensive, but every time I've ordered from them with their cheapest shipping option they have sent me an email saying "your products shipped early!" and it arrives pretty quickly.
Just a side note: Be careful with who you ask to hand out your programs.  I asked a couple of my cousins to hand them out but they just stood there talking to people and did not make sure everyone got one.  We had 100 people and ordered 100 programs and the next day I saw the basket of programs and it looked like at least 75 were left!  I kinda wish I had hired a day-of coordinator because of that.  www.vistaprint.com

Invitations: Paper Trails in Rocky River A+++++
I loved the invitations and they were really reasonable.  They have a lot of products and were very patient while we looked through all their books making our decision.  They also have a very wide range of prices.  And they came out great!  www.shoppapertrails.com

Transportation: I DRV 4 U A+++++++
This is my sister's boyfriend's company.  He drove us in his party bus (he also has a white sedan).  It was fun to ride in the party bus to take pictures with the bridal party, and Dan was a huge help.  We kept sending him back to the bus to go grab things we forgot and he just took care of so much.  He gathered all our stuff and put it in the bus at the end of the night, wrapped up the top tier of the cake for us to take home, and just was there to do everything we needed.  He did a fantastic job.  http://www.idrv4u.net/

Rentals: Sun Rental in Mentor A+
They were pretty reasonable for chairs but not the cheapest, but I went with them because we also rented a chuppah from them and they had a great price for the chuppah and it was pretty white wood lattice.  They nickeled and dimed a bit though, charged extra to set up, to take down, to come back at 5 to pick up rather than the next day, and to travel out to Hudson.  And they gave an estimated delivery time of between 10AM and 1PM and they weren't there until about 1:30.  Fortunately the ceremony wasn't until 3:30 and the florist didn't need very long to decorate everything.  It worked out fine, but I could see there being a problem with timing with them.  No other problems, they were great to work with in planning.  http://sunrental.com/index.asp

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    I'm glad your ceremony music turned out well! I was the one who forwarded Hannah's info to you. She's doing our wedding next week, very excited! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Yep, they were great, thanks again for the info!  Hope you have an amazing day next week!  Remember to just relax and enjoy it :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards