Wedding Reception Forum

paper lanterns

I just started to plan the decorating portion of my reception. We dont have a theme only want it to be nice. Im thinking of using paper lanterns/ ball for decor but have gotten alot of negative feed back about the decor. Some feel the lanterns would be more of an Asian theme. HELP!

Re: paper lanterns

• Pfft on that. 

I've seen them look stunning in many settings. I don't think they look Asian; I think they look festive, fun and super cool. They will only have an Asian vibe if you do other Asian vibe stuff. 

FWIW, I think they look best grouped together in one or maybe a few key areas then just randomly strewn here and there. It's more of an impact that way. 
  • I like them, if they go with your mood/theme. I don't think they scream Asian vibe at all, well, unless you get the red ones with the pictures/writing on them...
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, there are plenty of gorgeous weddings I have seen with paper lanterns. Getting different sizes helps give it a definition as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They only look " Asian" is you get the ones with bamboo or dragons on them... Paper lanterns are fine.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • I'm planning on having them for my outdoor reception.  We're using a combo of tents and a Pavilion and plan to decorate with Christmas lights and white paper lanterns.  From the photos I've used as my inspiration, they do not remotely look Asian. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards