Christian Weddings

House... needs work

We looked at houses yesterday neither of which will be working out ...

But then he sent us a listing of another place. It's victorian and parts of it are done/wonderful looking etc... The rest "Needs work "... FI dosnt want a money pit which is totally understandable but I really Really REally like it ... I'm looking at it on Tuesday.. I've never been this excited to see a house...

I know it needs a new roof but my son's grandfather is a roofer ... I'm sure we could get a lil bit of a break on pricing/payments somehow ...

Please pray for this as well as jobs etc. I'm waiting to hear back from the place last week and hopefully scheduling another one this week ... Waiting waiting waiting as well as for FI to find something....

Wedding plans seems a lil overated at this point when it comes to trying to find a house/jobs for both of us ...
Love is All You Need

Re: House... needs work

• Maybe they'll take the cost of a roof out of the selling cost? You could always get estimates on the work needed and talk them down. 

I LOVE old houses. I am hoping to get a fixer uper down the road! We own a 70s townhome right now and it doesn't have nearly as much character as I'd like it to. 

Good luck on the search!
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Praying!   House hunting sounds so exciting yet scary.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I agree, if it needs a new roof or any other major repairs (furnace, water heater etc.) then request that they either do the work or give you that money off the price of the house. It's pretty common with major repairs like that to get a break on the price.

Good luck!
  • Well apparently the guy took off... I think it's bank owned... Seller/owner is MIA... Will find out today at 11...
    Love is All You Need
  • K, i looked at the house.. and as my FI predicted I fell in love head over heels for something that needs roof work , a new furnace...outside paint/work and bathroom work ... and that's just the "majors" ... Major to move in is furnace etc and some minor bathroom work etc. And probably some windows eventually ...

Oye but I love it ... kicthen is HUGE ... adorable....has a lil "window" to the dinning room you could put food on and serve through there if somebody was on the otherside ...

It has a library... built in library !!! It's got civil war stuff in it and that is something my FI is gonna flip for ... I didnt like the upstairs slightly due to a closet error and a room into a room /walk through it to get to another room but it seems kinda minor at this point ...

FI already said he was right and knew i'd fall for it head over feet... Which i already had from the picture of the kicthen ...

We have to process how much is really wrong and if we can get a fixup assistance..

It's on a short sale ...Which is kinda bankowned and so the seller cant offer anything and will probably make nothing off of the sale except to pay off part of their debt to it ...

We've looked at not that many houses and I know time is ticking and i'm not trying to be impatient but I've never felt this way about any of the other houses... It's seriously odd the way I feel about it ...

I'm sure my FI will look at it and tell me " i'm sorry dear but no " ... but i can dream
    Love is All You Need
  • FI looked at the pictures from the realtor that he took yesterday of the outside/needs work areas and he said "sorry honey but no " ... I was crushed... Really crushed it was awful...

Back to square one .... Also back to square one with job search and this trek to my job now is really getting old.
    Love is All You Need
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards