Wedding Etiquette Forum

The nothing is destroying our world...

I figured maybe starting with a "Never ending Story" reference it might catch fellow "NES" fans\nerds like myself :)

Hi Everyone! My name is Vanessa but everyone I know calls me Nessie. I am new to The Knot community, but I have been "lurking" on my cousins account for a while before I recently got engaged. I figured it's polite to introduce myself before I just jump on in and start giving advice\asking questions because I know everyone will be like "and you are??"....

Anywho! I wanted to start on this board because it seems like there are alot of ladies that give good advice on here and are regulars so I was hoping maybe you ladies could help me out. I want to know how to slide into the threads and not start out like some of the spazzo's have before. Sometimes reading posts on here make me squirm in my seat thinking there really are people out there like that.I don't understand people that ask for advice and then when it's given (and it may or may not be what they wanted to hear) and they get all defensive.

Ummmm what you need to know about me...I'm very sarcastic, I like to quote comedy movies, and I would love to know how to add a cool picture under my post! That's about it...

Re: The nothing is destroying our world...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_the-nothing-is-destroying-our-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:07494228-78a0-4732-b969-8f702fc14581Post:8cdfaf2f-1828-4fe9-84ef-6dd113971ca4">Re: The nothing is destroying our world...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hola.  I love the Neverending Story.  My sister's old dog looked like Falcor.  Stick around, lurk.  Join in the good morning and evening threads.  Don't spaz.  That's my advice.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Eagles. Any advice on the picture on the bottom of the screen? I feel lame being without a least one piece of flair.
  • Thanks :) yeah..i'm pretty much the oppositve of computer savvy so let's see how this shiz goes.

• RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    Congrats on your engagement & welcome to the knot!
  • Can I just say I LOVE your nickname!!! Seriously, how many people on this earth share a nickname with the Loch Ness Monster? :D
  • I skimmed your post, but I admit I came in because of the thread title. it's my favorite movie! I even named one of my cats Falkora (added the 'a' since she's a girl).
  • Eagles, avatar.. Check! Sig will have to be done at work tomorrow bc my iPad likes to have a mind of it's own! Haha
  • Thanks everyone! I'm excited to "dive in" and take part in some threads and give some kick ass advice/really random nuggets of wisdom I have haha I can't even take myself seriously....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_the-nothing-is-destroying-our-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:07494228-78a0-4732-b969-8f702fc14581Post:4e32b565-ab66-4992-bc4a-48c240c8ff20">Re: The nothing is destroying our world...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I skimmed your post, but I admit I came in because of the thread title. it's my favorite movie! I even named one of my cats Falkora (added the 'a' since she's a girl).
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Omg this is awesome! I'm glad people appreciated my quote bc I feel like that movie is either hit or miss... I've actually been around people that have never seen it and I have a really hard time not asking them why they were deprived as a child! My sister and I are obsessed. And I'm texting her about falkora as we speak.... She's going to be jealous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_the-nothing-is-destroying-our-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:07494228-78a0-4732-b969-8f702fc14581Post:3b472720-7a76-4ea9-ae2c-8b0f196e2602">Re: The nothing is destroying our world...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nessie, one more tip.  Calm down.  Just relax.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Breathing.... Breathing...

• I've never seen never ending story. Someone once said my dog looked like something from that movie though.

What is it even about? I'm sure I am killing some people here.
  • Wow, never seen the Neverending story?  It's an 80s classic.  Basically this kid starts reading a book and falls asleep.  He's transported into the story and it's this magic world.  He has to save the world from ending.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_the-nothing-is-destroying-our-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:07494228-78a0-4732-b969-8f702fc14581Post:70440a14-8ae1-4b0a-8d67-536899560d3e">Re: The nothing is destroying our world...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, never seen the Neverending story?  It's an 80s classic.  Basically this kid starts reading a book and falls asleep.  He's transported into the story and it's this magic world.  He has to save the world from ending.  
    Posted by MrsGandthebeag[/QUOTE]

And mix in some crazy chracters, oversized flying dog, and walking huge heads = amazing! Easily one of my top three favs..
  • Ali092011Ali092011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I watched that movie every. single. day for almost two years as a kid. My mom tried to stop me because I had wolf nightmares, but no day was complete without popping that bad boy in the VCR.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited April 2012
    God. I loved that movie. I totally want to watch THEM ALL now. 

Also on the list of loved movies: The Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, & Rocky Horror--ALL of which FI has never seen. 
  • Yeah that part when Atreyu is running from the wolf still scares the bajeezus out of me.. And I still cry at the horse in the mud part:( Great, now I'm praying for a rainy day this weekend so I can watch it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_the-nothing-is-destroying-our-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:07494228-78a0-4732-b969-8f702fc14581Post:25127f53-bf4c-4738-a9a3-1ed1d6ccc08d">Re: The nothing is destroying our world...</a>:
    [QUOTE]God. I loved that movie. I totally want to watch THEM ALL now.  Also on the list of loved movies: The Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, & Rocky Horror--ALL of which FI has never seen. 
    Posted by Domino04[/QUOTE]

And add the Labrynth to my list to watch this weekend too... Classic
  • The Dark Crystal was good. I watched it the other day with my friends. That little bird thing that kept going "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm" irritated the sh!t out of me though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_the-nothing-is-destroying-our-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:07494228-78a0-4732-b969-8f702fc14581Post:25127f53-bf4c-4738-a9a3-1ed1d6ccc08d">Re: The nothing is destroying our world...</a>:
    [QUOTE]God. I loved that movie. I totally want to watch THEM ALL now.  Also on the list of loved movies: The Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal, & Rocky Horror--ALL of which FI has never seen. 

You're amazing!!  Also my fave movies, but you have to add Repo! the Genetic Opera, to your list.
  • Your title got me clicking!!  I loooove that movie, and almost had a dog named Falcor.  lol.  My sister vetoed it, so he ended up being Barkangel, but I digress.  Anyway, I'm more offbeat, and def a nerd, as you say!  My kids watched the Neverending Story repeatedly after I bought it  They love 1 and 2, and I don't have it, but they have watched 3.  They also love Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, and other crazy fantasy movie.  They are on a Little Shop of Horrors kick right now.  The newer one, with Rick Moranis. 
    So happy to see others with similar interests on here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_the-nothing-is-destroying-our-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:07494228-78a0-4732-b969-8f702fc14581Post:9ec24fce-f626-409d-b484-122be13208cd">Re: The nothing is destroying our world...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your title got me clicking!!  I loooove that movie, and almost had a dog named Falcor.  lol.  My sister vetoed it, so he ended up being Barkangel, but I digress.  Anyway, I'm more offbeat, and def a nerd, as you say!  My kids watched the Neverending Story repeatedly after I bought it  They love 1 and 2, and I don't have it, but they have watched 3.  They also love Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, and other crazy fantasy movie.  They are on a Little Shop of Horrors kick right now.  The newer one, with Rick Moranis. <strong> So happy to see others with similar interests on here.
    </strong>Posted by aerith515[/QUOTE]

Agreed :) I have never seen Dark Crystal, but I will look into it. If it's in the same range as Never Ending Story and Labrynth i'm all over it!
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_the-nothing-is-destroying-our-world?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:07494228-78a0-4732-b969-8f702fc14581Post:25127f53-bf4c-4738-a9a3-1ed1d6ccc08d">Re: The nothing is destroying our world...</a>:

How have you not made him watch?  I watch Labyrinth at least once a year (generally more) and have now subjected the FI to Rocky Horror multiple times (though I'm still having trouble convincing him to go to a midnight showing).  Educate that boy on the amazingness now!!

Edit: anyone here read The Neverending Story?  I had never (though I've seen the movies a bajillion times) until recently and I REALLY enjoyed it.  I'd highly recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards