Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Hot Dog cart....tacky?

Im getting married 9/15/12, in my parents backyard.  It will be a very causal event with mostly family and a few friends. (100 guests) I really want to have a local hot dog vendor come in and just serve hotdogs and chips,  my sister thinks it is tacky?  Any feed back would be appreciated!!!!!

Re: Hot Dog cart....tacky?

• Is that going to be your ONLY food? If so, then I have to agree. I've seen hot dog carts & food trucks offered at the end of the night as a late night snack, after a FULL meal has been served. Plus, how many hot dogs can a person eat? What about people who don't eat beef/pork?
  • I answered you on Receptions.

For future reference, when you post a question on more than one board, you should put XP at the beginning of your Headline.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I don't think offering what you like and can afford is ever "tacky" but there may be other options that are more considerate to the majority of your guests.  Many people don't like hotdogs.  And hotdogs and chips is not "balanced" meal in any way shape or form. 

Is there any way you could round it out with some sorts of veggies? Other options? 
  • I do think if you round it out to be a meal and offer other things you could be ok.  Just hot dogs, chips, and sweets (from your other post) really isn't appropriate if your wedding is at meal time.  At the very least you need some savory options and not just sweets.
  • offer orders with it, like cheese and crackers maybe some salad also and it would be a good idea...
  • Does the truck only serve hot dogs or chips? If you can serve italian-style pasta salad, potato salad, green salad and coleslaw on your own (get a table with chafing dishes and self-cater or order from costco), I think this is a good idea. But I'd make sure the hot dog cart has options like beer, pork, veggie, and a variety of toppings - both "plain" and gourmet. Various mustards, guacamole, cheese, sauerkraut, hot peppers, sweet peppers, grilled onions, garlic aioli, chipotle aioli, various pickles, relish, bacon.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards