July 2012 Weddings

Please talk me off a ledge....

I know that I was talking to some of you yesterday about my day-of timeline and how rushed I felt it was. I talked to my mom who agreed that adding an hour would help things not to feel so rushed (and she would pay for the additional fee). I felt much better about everything UNTIL...I e-mailed the venue coordinator this a.m. asking what we needed to do to add an hour. She replied saying that per their terms and conditions they do not permit changes less than 30 days before an event, but she will "try and make an exception this time." She won't be able to let me know until Monday as she has to check with staff, etc. AGHHH!

Could use some postive vibes today!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Please talk me off a ledge....

• I'm sorry, but I understand this policy. She has to make sure the staff wants to continue working an extra hour. I hope she comes back with good news for you.

We were told it would cost an extra $1000 to extend an hour.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • I don't get why they even have that policy?! What's the big deal if you change something like a timeline within 30 days of the wedding.

Seems like a stupid policy to me.
    Photobucket
  • Awwww I'm sorry to hear about that.  You still have 3 weeks so they should be able to accomodate you.  Definitely sending positive vibes your way!

Anniversary
  • Oh no! Positive vibes!!!!

That is kind of a silly policy. Don't they want the extra money?? If she doesn't let you extend it, maybe just be really slow leaving at 11...? haha

Or we are doing an after party at a bar across the street, b/c our venue forces all events to end at 11pm, which does not fit our guests' party habits very well. Is there somewhere nearby you could head to with those guests that want to keep the party going??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sending good vibes your way! I'm sure they will be able to accommodate you.. venues are always looking for more money ;) 
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_please-talk-me-off-a-ledge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba3c8cfd-09fb-4df1-a9ed-92d3a31d7adbPost:a94394c5-84bb-4162-8a92-6a0116ec2b33">Re: Please talk me off a ledge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh no! Positive vibes!!!! That is kind of a silly policy. <strong>Don't they want the extra money??</strong> If she doesn't let you extend it, maybe just be really slow leaving at 11...? haha Or we are doing an after party at a bar across the street, b/c our venue forces all events to end at 11pm, which does not fit our guests' party habits very well. Is there somewhere nearby you could head to with those guests that want to keep the party going??
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking! It is a historical location, therefore publically owned and they are evidently very strict about people leaving at the prescribed time. My brother went to a wedding there and they cut the lights on 15 minutes before it was supposed to end. It only takes one negative thing to happen at a wedding that marrs how the guests remember it. I don't want my guests to say, "It was nice, but we were so rushed." Adding that one hour at the end would make me feel so much better.

There are a ton of bars around that we could go to, so that is definitely our back-up plan. Also, the caterer is literally right next door and has a private bar that he said he has opened up for people who wanted to keep the party going.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for good news Monday.
  • It will work out! They ALWAYS say things like that... "We're not really allowed to do this, but I will try my hardest to convince everyone to make an exception."

That is what they always say and it always works out. I know it is a little different, but I worked at a customer service company and that was what we were told to say, but we still needed to jump through hoops to get what the customer wanted.
    Getting married on July 20th, 2012!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My post got eaten but just wanted to say I'm sending you good vibes! I feel like they will most likely give you the extension b/c they want more money! Good luck!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Good vibes heading your way!!

I'm with everyone else, I'm sure they will let you add the extra hour!  But I agree that the policy is odd, especially for your situation.  You just got the timeline, how are you suppose to realize you want an extra hour until you see that?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I think it's a silly myself.  A business is there to make money.  Depending on where your getting married, the staff will be there anyways so it's not like they are losing money by having the staff come in early.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • sending vibes to you of positivity

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you ladies. :-)
  • I bet it's just a formality and it won't be a problem, good luck though!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_please-talk-me-off-a-ledge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ba3c8cfd-09fb-4df1-a9ed-92d3a31d7adbPost:4b87a725-1b8b-4fd7-be38-4b0771fbda4e">Re: Please talk me off a ledge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]It will work out! They ALWAYS say things like that... "We're not really allowed to do this, but I will try my hardest to convince everyone to make an exception." That is what they always say and it always works out. I know it is a little different, but I worked at a customer service company and that was what we were told to say, but we still needed to jump through hoops to get what the customer wanted.
    Posted by kmdeck26[/QUOTE]

This. My contract has this as well. But our lady hasn't enforced this yet lol. I understand it's there just to save their asses if you ask for something ridiculous 2 days before the weddng or something you know? I'm sure it will be fine! :D
  • Ugh, that sucks!

I *kind of* understand...because they have to extend their staff and make sure they can stay the extra time. I mean, I wouldn't want to work somewhere, where the day before or the day of, they told me I had to work an extra hour, no choice. BUT, a whole 30 days does seem excessive, unless there will be like, 30 people staffing it lol A week would be more reasonable, IMO.

Hopefully it will all work out!! I agree that they should want the extra money!
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards