Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

wedding cake

I'm in the process of choosing a vendor for my wedding cake...in your opinion which bakery has the best tasting cakes/flavors...thanks:)

Re: wedding cake

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are using caked las vegas and the cake tasting was great I can't wait til september

www.weddingwire.com/kiwonaandhector
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only have experience with Cake Designs LV. We had a white cake with chocolate mousse filling and it was seriously the best cake I ever had.  It was light and sweet.  My cake looked nearly identical to the inspiration photo I sent her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding cake was through the Mandalay Bay's pastry kitchen, it was part of our reception package at Rumjungle.

But, I did get a birthday cake for H from Gimme Some Sugar and it was fantastic.  We had the red velvet with cream cheese filling --

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Here Here on Cake Designs LV... Resonably price, moist...DELICIOUS! I still till this day use them for birthday and special occasions cakes.

*They have just made a line of alcholholic cupcakes...mmmm they are GREAT*
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are my reviews I gave from my scouting trip.  With regards to GSS, I did the overnight tasting kit, and most of the cake was dry, some was good though.  Here are my reviews from a prior post, beware it's long:

went to 5 Vegas bakers, to be honest I tried so many cake combos I can't give reviews on every single flavor, but I will give my overall take on the bakers/flavors.

Las Vegas Custom Cakes
    - As seen on TLC's Fabulous Cakes.  I don't think many brides have used this vendor as they are relatively new etc., but this was my first cake stop.  Yamilet was very nice and we clicked right away.  Her cake was very moist, the red velvet actually held together, the cream cheese frosting wasn't too strong, the mousses were very good and light, and the buttercreams were also very good-not too heavy.  My favorite was the spice cake w/cream cheese mousse filling and white buttercream.  I also loved the chocolate w/chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream.  The red velvet was really good as well.

Freeds - I met with Jayme who was nice, but you can tell the store is very busy.  My cake concept is to do a surprise grooms type cake from my FI, that's it, no traditional wedding cake.  She basically said that she thought I should do a small grooms cake with some of my ideas, but then do a cake for me as well.  Which totally wasn't what I wanted, I didn't say much though cause at that point I was basically ready to go.  The cake and fillings were just ok, nothing stood out to me.  I actually didn't really like the 50/50 frosting.  The day I was flying home she left me a voicemail saying what it would cost to do the originaly grooms cake I wanted.  Too late at that point.  And she didn't give me a sketch even though I sent pictures the week prior.

Azea Cake Studio
    - Aracelli was very nice, we had clicked right away as well.  Before I planned on doing a scouting trip she was the one I was leaning towards.  I really liked her sketch and I had heard her cakes were very moist and sophisticated in flavor.  It did cost $20 for the tasting, which would go towards your cake order.  I also wanted to try a Bailey's Mousse filling which cost another $10 since it wasn't part of the flavors she normally uses for the tastings.  Her cake was very moist, the buttercreams were great, and I can see her doing very well in the future.

LV Cake Designs
    - Dawn and her sister were very nice.  You do have to buy 6 inch cakes for the tastings, which I wanted to try 4 so it was $28 total.  The cakes were way to big for me to eat all of it obviously, so I gave most of it to the Bell Desk at the hotel, who was happy to take it.  The sketch was ok, but it seemed a little more kid like than what I was going over.  The frostings leaned towards grocery store type frostings, little too heavy for me.  The Cream Cheese frosting was way to rich and heavy.  My favorite was the chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling as well as the Oreo filling.

Caked
    - Also as seen on TLCs Fabulous Cakes.  Carolyn was very nice, I mixed up the times and ended up being a half hour late, but she had no worries.  Her sketch was good and she had a couple ideas I didn't even think of.  Overall the cake was just ok, some a little dry, the chocolate mousse was on the bitter side, not light and fluffy which is what we like.  She would be a very easy vendor to deal with though, and had some great design ideas.

Prices - PM me for prices if you would like them.

The winner for me is Las Vegas Custom Cakes, I loved the cake, loved the sketch and the price was great.  She sent me the sketch just the other day, and I cannot wait for this cake and to surpise FI with.  The design is of all FI's favorite things, see bio for explanation of everything if you want to see.  Picture of sketch is in my bio as well.
  • Options
    mojolove05mojolove05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours made by Jean Philippe Patisserie in the Bellagio/Aria.  Their cakes are so yummy and after seeing their cakes in person, they are AMAZING, we knew we had to have one from them. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards