African American Weddings

SNH3200-Wedding RECAP with BOOCOO PICs lol

Wut it do girlz! I just wanted to share my recap with the board even though I came across it late in the planning process.  I'm still grateful that I found it!

Our wedding week started off rough! Monday FI my husband was in the ER all day. I was literally freakin out thinkin he was gonna have to be admitted and we would miss our flight to TX the next day and not be able to get married….YIKES! But…the devil is a LIE! God is good so they released him the same day along with a lot of meds. Tuesday we flew into DFW with all our luggage and wedding stuff in tow. I got lots of congrats from people that noticed I was carrying my wedding gown on my arm. Sure…I could’ve shipped her ahead of time but I did NOT want to let her outta my sight lol.

Wednesday-Went to get my hair done first thing that
morning. I absolutely loved how it turned out. I didn’t know this chic from
adam or eve so I went in blind sighted. All I had to go by was the pictures from her website before I booked the appointment. Next stop was the courthouse for our marriage license….woohoo!

Thursday-Rehearsal Day.
This was so much fun! Just having the crew all together and watching everyone practice just added to the anticipation! As you’ll notice, we are
lopsided. We had TWO groomsmen drop out the week of the wedding. Talk about BS! But as I said, the devil is a LIE and we were not gonna let nothing like that deter us from our happiness. God works in mysterious ways and he is always on time! FI’s My husband’s half brother ended up stepping in so that helped out a lot. Thursday night my mom and sister surpised me with a lingerie party which I came in pretty handy for the honeymoon....ooooh la la LOL!

Me and my bridesmaids Lingerie Party

Um...happy? LOL

Me and My Hubby @ Rehearsal...Peep his shirt

The crew @ rehersal

Friday-Wedding Day-Ya know….I really can’t recap much on the
wedding day because it went by so freakin fast man!! I remember being really excited and anxious. Everything flowed like clockwork according to the tedious timeline I made hahahahahaha….the florist arrived at 3pm on time. The makeup artist was working like an assembly line for all the bridesmaids then my mom/me/daughter.

Me and the DIVAs

Pre Ceremony-I got dressed and we did a first look about 6PM. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT REGRET THIS ONE BIT!!! I thought I would because our ceremony started so late and I knew FI my husband didn’t want to do one but even HE is so glad that we did! We got some awesome shots at our first look location.

Me sneaking up on him...like he didn't obviously know it was me coming up behind him LOL

Us checking each other out!

Him being his smooth-self....lol

Us on the lake

Us and wedding party

Ceremony-Our ceremony began at 9:30PM right on time. I was behind the scene waiting to make my grand entrance with my paw paw and I heard the crowd burst out into laughter. I said to my grandpa, my fiance must be walking in LOL…Yes my husband did his own processional to puff daddy’s bad boy 4 life so you can probably imagine how that went. I can’t wait to see the video because I missed it! When it was time for the vows, my husband read his first. It was sooooo touching. He couldn’t make it through them for tears and getting choked up though. He kept stopping talking bout “gosh it sure is dusty in here and it’s getting in my eyes” to take the pressure off him getting choked up. It was funny:). I read my vows to him like a soldier! LOL…I didn’t cry one bit because I wanted to be clear and make sure he knew that I meant every last word. We exchanged rings then I got thrown for a loop. My FI husband added in a mini proposal to my 10 year old daughter as part of the ceremony. He brought her a necklace and made a vow to her that he would never try to replace her real dad (who was also present at the wedding) but that he’ll always be there for her as her stepdad. He probably said more than that but at that point I was a crying ball of tears!! I was crying like I had just got a whippin lol…I wasn’t expecting that AT ALL! So much for being a soldier! Nobody sent me pics of this yet and I think it's because their wasn't a dry eye in the chapel! I shoulda made those tears of joy packets you girls are always talking about lol!

Me and my paw-paw:)

Photographer was right on POINT! She caught him wiping his eyes as I was walking down the aisle.

Candle lit ceremony

Exchanging rings

Me, my daughter and Husband getting ready to jump broom as symbol of blended family unit

Reception-Now this was the highlight of the wedding for me. We surprised our guests with a second line brass band introduction starting with our wedding party. My husband’s family is from fort worth, TX so they had no clue what to do but quickly got with the program once they saw my side of the family getting down to the introduction. The reception events went by SO FREAKIN FAST!!! We prayed/blessed the food, ate, danced, garter toss (which my husband put on a show at…..can’t wait to see
it!!!!!!!!!!!!), bouquet toss….it all was a big whirlwind! Before I knew it… it was time to change into my reception dress. Now this I definitely do NOT regret. I was Sooooooooooooooooooooo hot in my gown from all that dancing and adrenaline!!! IT took me a long time to cool off before I put my reception dress on!! I think if I could go back, I woulda changed outta that gown before we even hit the reception! We second line danced to the brass band all the way out the reception/ballroom. What
a fun night!!

Intro of Mr&Mrs!!

Second line dancing after our introduction

DIY Street signs/menus

My Cake and Cake sign (I forgot the flowers on the top....so much was going on I completely forgot!!)

gettin down to the "wobble"..look at my husbands face lol

second line dancing at the end of reception

back at the hotel room...completely EXHAUSTED!! Whew what a night!

I have the most awesome photographer! She had sneak peeks ready for us the next morning and our wedding ended at 1am! How cool is that!!!

PS-for our honeymoon we went to Playa Mujeres, Mexico (right
outside of Cancun) and stayed at the Excellence Playa Mujeres Resort (An All
Inclusive). It was the freakin bomb yall! We did a honeymoon photo session while we were there and I absolutely love these pics too!

Thanks for reading! I hope i wasn't too long! I have more sneaks and ALOT of guest photos but I didn't wanna wear ya'll down..

Re: SNH3200-Wedding RECAP with BOOCOO PICs lol

• Awww Congrats...Your gorgeous...Photog was on point...Ya'll look so happy!!!
  • edited June 2012
    Congratulations! Loved ur photos, loved ur recap---almost like I was there lol. Everything looked so beautiful and fun. So happy for you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaimahkaimah member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Congrats! Love all the pics! Beautiful bride! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OMG, LOVE< LOVE< LOVE, your pictures. You both looked wonderful, The honeymoon shots were.....girl I'm speechless! Yall were on point. Thank you for sharing. Girl that man love him some you....hehehehe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:SNH3200Wedding RECAP with BOOCOO PICs lol:[QUOTE]Congratulations! Loved ur photos, loved ur recapalmost like I was there lol. Everything looked so beautiful and fun. So happy for you. Posted by bsims726[/QUOTE]
    This....and the vow to your daughter that made me get...well like your Hubby said..I got a woof of dust, made my eyes water a lil bit lol lol ! Congrats on being a MRS. !! Loved the recap !!
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • beautiful pics!!  congrats!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Love the pics!! Congrats! Your short dress was too cute! How was the food at Excellence? We are thinking of going there in a couple months.

• Thanks girls!  I wish I could go back to that day:)  It was so much fun!

@MsAmeera25- GO to EPM!  You will not regret it!  For the most part the food was delicious just like they say in the tripadvisor reviews (we relied heavily on TA before we chose our honeymoon.  Service was ON POINT!  They really do pride themselves on customer service there. Only thing I didn't like nor did my husband was the room serivce food and breakfast items.  It was hit or miss:(  PM me if you want I'll be glad to give you the run down:) 
  • Congrats on becoming a MRS., you were a beautiful bride! I enjoyed the recap and pics. Enjoy being a newlywed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Congratulations!! Everything looked awesome!! How was it to have a 9:30 ceremony? I bet that was a long day!! I love the  honeymoon shoot!!
  • Excellent Recap/Beautiful Wedding and I LOVE the honeymoon shoot OMG that is my favorite you both look like Black Love....thanks for sharing!!
    OAN: Hubby face was so serious on that wobble wasn't it? I mean, do anybody else see it? lol ;)
  • Love the pics.......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much for the excellent recap! Loved reading all of it. Loved your reception dress, the cake, everything looked amazing. And the honeymoon shoot is such a great idea! How did you guys find a photographer for that? Was it included in your all inclusive package? Mexico is on my list of possible honeymoon spots...well actually it's one of my two choices right now. So glad to hear you had a good time there. 
    Anniversary
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Love love love that!!! I'm stealing the honeymoon photo session idea
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • wow what a great recap. I loved the pictures especially the end of the night( I have never seen that before and thought that was so cute) and the honeymoon shoot, how creative. Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 176-Made the Cut
    image Final Count 152-Are #Team Morris Wedding.
  • Lovely wedding photos! What a wonderful couple! Congratulations!

145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_snh3200-wedding-recap-with-boocoo-pics-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b9b3c91c-ebdf-4465-a011-4c1ef99b70c7Post:2f55b854-3771-4573-8daa-c2f9843a2459">Re: SNH3200-Wedding RECAP with BOOCOO PICs lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks girls!  I wish I could go back to that day:)  It was so much fun! @MsAmeera25- GO to EPM!  You will not regret it!  For the most part the food was delicious just like they say in the tripadvisor reviews (we relied heavily on TA before we chose our honeymoon.  Service was ON POINT!  They really do pride themselves on customer service there. Only thing I didn't like nor did my husband was the room serivce food and breakfast items.  It was hit or miss:(  PM me if you want I'll be glad to give you the run down:) 
    Posted by snh3200[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>thanks hun!</div>

• Awww Congrats!!! I love the honeymoon shoot!
    ~ "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for all the lovely feedback:)

@rowenac82-That honeymoon shoot was so much fun!  The resort actually had a photographer on deck for people that come there to do destination weddings/vow renewals/trash the dress sessions and stuff so I peeped his skills out on his portfolio and booked a session.  It was free to do the session and we paid for the shots we wanted if we wanted too.  I really had to convince my husband cuz he was bout tired of pics by the time the wedding was over lol...I had to negoitiate with him nah mean?  I told him that after everything was all said and done all we would have is memories and what better way to capture those memorable momemts than to have pics to look back on.  He was all in after that:)

@Staten2012= yes he was mean muggin on that dance floor...lol that's his seriously gettin down face

@caseNmike-the day flowed rather well actually! We didn't start getting ready til 2pm.  I think I woulda been a ball of nerves if we woulda had an earlier time.  We chose 9:30PM for the moonlight candlelit ceremony that the venue offered.  It was gorgeous! But we were like walking zombies by the end of the night though....so tired!
  • This was absolutely a joy to read! You looked wonderful! I can see all the love through the pics...photog was on point!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Gorgeous Pics!!! Congratulations. I love the idea of honeymoon pics. They were awesome.
    imageAnniversary
  • Congrats on being a Mrs..And I love the photos..
  • Great pics and recap! Loved it all especially your second dress. That was hot!! Congrats!
    imageAnniversary
  • aww Congrats Mrs 
    love your dresses
    and your pics are great.... 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is awesome...what a neat thing to offer!! so glad your day went so well!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_snh3200-wedding-recap-with-boocoo-pics-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b9b3c91c-ebdf-4465-a011-4c1ef99b70c7Post:77c2ac96-9ec6-4845-b03c-c638b0aa313d">Re: SNH3200-Wedding RECAP with BOOCOO PICs lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for all the lovely feedback:) @rowenac82-That honeymoon shoot was so much fun!  The resort actually had a photographer on deck for people that come there to do destination weddings/vow renewals/trash the dress sessions and stuff so I peeped his skills out on his portfolio and booked a session.  It was free to do the session and we paid for the shots we wanted if we wanted too.  I really had to convince my husband cuz he was bout tired of pics by the time the wedding was over lol...I had to negoitiate with him nah mean?  I told him that after everything was all said and done all we would have is memories and what better way to capture those memorable momemts than to have pics to look back on.  He was all in after that:) @Staten2012= yes he was mean muggin on that dance floor...lol that's his seriously gettin down face @caseNmike-the day flowed rather well actually! We didn't start getting ready til 2pm.  I think I woulda been a ball of nerves if we woulda had an earlier time.  We chose 9:30PM for the moonlight candlelit ceremony that the venue offered.  It was gorgeous! But we were like walking zombies by the end of the night though....so tired!
    Posted by snh3200[/QUOTE]
  • LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    Congrats Mrs!!!! Love, love, love the recap and pics!!!!!
    Anniversary
  • You look beautiful! Congrats! I love the hm pictures too.
  • edited June 2012
    Everything was beautiful!!! You're reception dress is the BOMB!! Congrats mrs, and thanks for sharing!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photos and Recap!  You were a BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!    Congratulations and Continiued Blessings!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards