African American Weddings

What is up for the weekend ladies? What are you crossing of your to do list?

So with the wedding being one weekend out, I do not have too much to do at all.

1. Today I have some stuff to return to the mall. I brought some stuff for my bridesmaids, then found some other cute stuff and now I have to take the original gifts back.

2. I need to clean up the house because my mom is coming in town tomorrow and a clean house and car wash is in order. Especially since she will be using my car all day tomorrow.

3. My mom had a dress made for the wedding so we are going for her final fitting and to look for shoes. She wants to go to the nail shop but I would like to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday.. we shall see.

4. I would also like to go visit my florist to make the final payment on our order so when my brother in law picks them up, everything is done. We shall see if I can fit that in tomorrow. They are closed Sunday!

5. On Sunday we are visiting with my niece, the flower girl, for her to try on her dress. She is super tall for a baby girl so we need to make sure it fits.

6. Saturday morning is our last session with our Officiant ( minister friend of mine). let us pray that she will arrive on time tomorrow and to the wedding!!!  LOL

So ladies what are you up to this weekend? Fill us in on your details!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What is up for the weekend ladies? What are you crossing of your to do list?

• You're going to be so busy this weekend!!! It's almost here!!! I'm so excited for you.

Here's my list for the weekend.
    1. Start calling people who haven't RSVP'd.
    2. Start seating chart and make the board I'm going to use.
    3. Shop for bra cups to put in my dress.
    4. Take FI's ring to get engraved.
    5. Purchase jars for candy bar.
    6. Sleep late.

• Well, you all sound so productive. Here's my weekend:

1. My son's little league baseball game tonight
    2. Finish my portion of marketing plan project
    3. Complete a business plan for a client that's due on Sunday
    4. Bridal Luncheon, Rehearsal, and Rehearsal Dinner for my friend who is getting married Sunday
    5. Sing in choir at church
    6. Wedding festivities after church on sunday
    7. **This should have been first** Hair & Nails in approximately 30 min!

I will definately see how to squeeze ALL this in 48 hours.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • edited March 2012
    Well.. my weekend is not so packed;

1. Hair consultation on saturday afternoon. I'm seriously considering doing a full weave, since that may be the only compromise that will go with the style I was imagining, and still hold up for the honeymoon.

2. Finish decoratng my card box

3. start "packing" things for the honeymoon so that we can see what we need/don't need to get.

4. Work with my mother (via skype) to finalize the layout for the menu cards and the programs.

5. Order all the materials needed for the reception centerpieces (hopefully I can do that this weekend, cause I can't wait any longer... the rush fees are going to be nuts!)

6. Have my mom drop off the cake topper and color swatch to my baker.

Thats about it... I mean other than the usual food shopping, and house cleaning.. lol Hope you get everything done that you need to have finished!
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Mine is CAKE, CAKE, CAKE.  I need to order the cake like today.  I've been putting it off forever.

I also need to send our coordinator our music selections.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Those all sound good ladies.. I am so glad I am off next Tuesday-Friday to get some stuff done then too!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hmmmm good question, haven't really thought of my weekend plans... I guess *finishing off the programs
    *buy some more ribbon @ Michael's to work on our chinese take out boxes
    *attempt @ making a jumping broom *fingers crossed*
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I am on vacation from work for 10 days!!!!!! I am going on vacation to St. Martin on Sunday for 7 days. I can't wait!!!!! The FI and I need some NWR rest.
    imageAnniversary
  • Whooo KSK one week to go!!!

Mine started today...I don't have alot...

1. FI mailed deposit for cake.

2. FI mailed deposit for videographer.

3. Signed agreement with photo booth.

4. Look over budget and other notes the venue emailed last night (we had our meeting last week to go over details.)
    5. Watch my Ohio State Buckeyes in the Final Four!!! Go Bucks!!

imageAnniversary
  • In Response to [QUOTE]I am on vacation from work for 10 days!!!!!! I am going on vacation to St. Martin on Sunday for 7 days. I can't wait!!!!! The FI and I need some NWR rest.
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

I'm soooo mad at you right now! Lol!

I was telling FI last night we need a dern vacay like yesterday! Our wedding is next November, I'm not waiting that long!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Anywho 1. Taking my daughter to a indoor water park for a bday party (please pray for me) 2. Wash and do her hair ( she has hair like Kimora lee Simmons's girls) naturally curly (extra prayer needed) 3. Wash, flat iron and style my own hair. 4. Clean the house from top to bottom, literally. 5. Praising the Lord on Sunday!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • KSK!! One week away!!

@ 20P...Take me with you!! St. Martin sounds phenomenal right now!

Tonight we're helping out with a trivia night at church for a couple hours then FI wants to go out after.

Tomorrow: small group, marriage counseling, happy hour for a friend/co worker and my best gf's bday dinner.

Sunday: Addressing envelopes. Plan to mail out the invites next Friday.

*Hopefully sometime this weekend I order my thank you notes, lingerie shower invites and business cards I made for a gf. The order has been cued at VP but I keep forgetting to call. I also need to pick up belly bands for my invitations. Michael's has them super cheap ($5.99 for a set of 20).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • O we are all busy.. I guess it is safe to say that wedding season is underway!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also just remembered I need to decide on what to do with my hair.  I need to find some pics of a style so I can show my stylist.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_what-is-up-for-the-weekend-ladies-what-are-you-crossing-of-your-to-do-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ac341a67-b77a-4cb1-9de7-a598dd25e4c0Post:47e68cce-2b2e-45ff-b076-b161bbef2ae0">Re: What is up for the weekend ladies? What are you crossing of your to do list?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also just remembered I need to decide on what to do with my hair.  I need to find some pics of a style so I can show my stylist.
    Posted by Sophia1913[/QUOTE]

<div>Me too! I have no idea on what I want to do with my hair. I have the original Halle Berry cut. I am so lost.</div><div>
    </div>
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_what-is-up-for-the-weekend-ladies-what-are-you-crossing-of-your-to-do-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ac341a67-b77a-4cb1-9de7-a598dd25e4c0Post:65eaec5b-df59-4a56-a768-e213c59d3cd8">Re: What is up for the weekend ladies? What are you crossing of your to do list?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What is up for the weekend ladies? What are you crossing of your to do list? : Me too! I have no idea on what I want to do with my hair. I have the original Halle Berry cut. I am so lost.
    Posted by 20pearls16[/QUOTE]

Girl I am lost as well.  My hair is on the longer side and on a normal day I just wear it flat ironed straight and I'm not sure what to do with it on the special day.

• I thought I was going to buy my dress this weekend, but the WB/craiglist saler has not responded...Epic Fail
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Im hunting down the owner of  the menu cards.
    I am working till 3:30 so not a lot
  • 1. Invited to venue to see someone else's wedding 
    2. Order invites 
    3. Schedule appointments with lighting for upcoming week
    4. Finish putting stamps on save the dates
    5. Update wedding website 
    6. Try to get FI to try on a suite 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards