Honeymoon Discussions
Options

HM in Australia

Has anyone been to Australia or have advice on going here for honeymoon?
Recommendations on where to visit/stay?

TIA:)

Re: HM in Australia

• Options
    I spent 7 months in Oz a few years back.  How long are you planning on staying?  
    It's a very large country, almost as big as the 48 continental states.  

I lived and worked in Sydney for 4 months and then traveled up the east coast to Cape Tribulation, flew to Alice Springs, drove to Urulu, took a tour to Adelaide stopping in Coober Pedy on the way, super cool btw.  Then I went to Kangaroo Island which I loved, drove to Melbourne, then flew back to Sydney.  

My favorite parts were  Sydney, Great Barrier Reef, Kangaroo Island, Urulu, Coober Pedy (but it is REALLY out of the way), Melbourne, if you have time the Great Ocean Road.  It all depends on time though.  

Those places are like going to NYC, Chicago, Dallas, Salt Lake city and Orlando no where near each other.   
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice!
    I have since realized this may be a daunting task for just a honeymoon. :P
  • Options
    I live in New Zealand and have visited Australia a few times.

Melbourne is amazing for shopping, architecture and dining, the city is beautiful.
    Sydney is much similar, more of a "beachy" feel, quite a bit faster paced than Melbourne but still beautiful with a nice place near the city called Darling Harbour.
    Brisbane/Gold Coast has beautiful beaches (Surfers Paradise, etc), with resorts and that kind of thing, plus there are themeparks (Movie World, Dreamworld) if thats what you're up for.

Google, google, google!! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards