New Hampshire

DJ's under $500

So we are on a very tight budge for our DJ.. has anyone heard any recommendations on Brien Sweet http://www.briensweet.com/djservices.cfm?

I's a pretty much unheard of goal, but we are shooting for $300-$400 for 4-5 hours.

Any other recommendations for someone very inexpensive??
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: DJ's under $500

• edited December 2011
    Gerry Dumont

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    290image Made the Cut!!
    175image Are Ready to Party!!
    56image Are Party Poopers!!
    59image Still Checking the Calendar!!

• edited December 2011
    We are using Main Event DJ's and they have many different DJ's for different price levels. Hope this helps! Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    http://georgeonguitar.com/

We used George all day for live classical guitar and DJ service for $800, but he does break up his services and prices based on what you need.  We highly recommend him!
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using a DJ from "Get Down Tonight Entertainment" (Drew Rissler).  Their prices start around $800 for 5 hrs.  Given the economy and especially if your wedding is "off season", you may be able to negotiate a much cheaper rate with them.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would also suggest checking with your venue.  Do they have any connections that might help?  For instance, when we booked our DJ (the DJ 'suggested' by the venue), we saved a LOT of money. You may have already looked into this, but it's just a thought :) 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Joe Mazza, you can find him on gigmasters. Before I changed the date to a Saturday, it was only 400 dollars for a weekday, that included playing keyboard for the cocktail hour, and playing music for the ceremony. Gigmasters is good in general, you put what you need, and then a bunch of different DJs will submit their bids.
  • Debbie111111Debbie111111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously, why would you want to spend so little on one of the most important aspects of your reception?  Are people going to remember the flowers?  Or the tuxes?  Or the cake?  It's ridiculous to expect to spend next to nothing on the DJ.  How many weddings have you been to that really stink because the music is not good and nobody dances?  if your guests having an awful time doesn't matter, than hire away.  Why not go to the local high school and see if one of the kids could do it for you?  i'm pretty sick of this type of post - think about what's important and if the dj and music doesn't matter at all, then don't bother.  hook up your ipod and have at it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards