Wedding Woes

Dawg was walking better last night

still stiff legged, still in pain, still only eating 'treat' type food, but, still, better.

Re: Dawg was walking better last night

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

That's good.  Have you heard back from the other vet?

• Progress is good! 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GBCKGBCK member
    not yet, I think the other vet is OOT until after the holiday, so we'll leave more messages next week.
  • I'm glad she's doing better.

Can you prop her bowl up higher so she can get to it to eat?  When Benett slipped a disc, he couldn't put his head down to eat properly.  Wondered if she has a similar issue.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    I should try propping it--she wouldn't eat from my hand either and we did discover the treats we'd given her that she did take in her mouth, she's been dropping and the cat steals/hides them--they haven't been eaten.

But 'good' treats (ham, chicken, cheese), those get swallowed
  • Maybe just try some poached chicken and rice for awhile?  To keep the nutrients in her?

I feel you.  Zelda just finished up being really sick and having to be fed a bland diet, 1/4-1/2 cup at a time, every two hours.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    yeah--she neesd to loose weight but eating noting isn't a good way to do that :)

I actually bought rice yesterday so I can start feeding that tonight.
  • That's great news - I'm glad she's getting around better.  Once you get her eating and figure out the right portions, you'll be surprised how much losing weight will help her get around.  Years ago, my oldest dog (shepherd/lab mix) was not really putting weight on his back leg, to the point that we took him to the vet school at UGA to see about surgery.  They basically said he was too fat to operate on and to put him on a diet and bring him back after he lost some weight.  Once he got down to a healthy weight, his leg stopped bothering him and he hasn't had the same problem since.
  • glad to hear that she's doing better. the chicken and rice will be good for her stomach too.
  • I'm so glad she's going better.  I hope the other vet is able to help her inexpensively!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards