Illinois

Cheesecake wedding cake

My fiance and I are not fans of cake so we've decided to have a cheesecake wedding cake.  The problem we're running into now is finding someone that will make a cheesecake (NOT cheesecake filling). Does anyone know of someone that makes a really good cheesecake for wedding cakes?  We've looked at the Cheesecake Factory and Eli's.

Re: Cheesecake wedding cake

• MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's an excellent idea. Unfortunately I don't know of any places to refer you to. But your guests are going to love it if you can find somewhere to do it. If worse comes to worse and you can't find a stacked cheesecake cake, can you just buy enough individual cakes.
  • angiereicangiereic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We might have found a good cheesecake.  The bakery at the Pete's grocery store near us has a really good plain cheesecake.  The only thing I don't like about it is the light brown coloring on the top from baking, but we're going to have the bakery do a poured chocolate topping so in the end it will be covered.  My fiance is going to figure out some sort of rigging so that we can "stack" the cheesecakes without them falling or collapsing into one another.  I'm so excited!!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked out the Baking Institute in Wheeling.  My daughter and I were just there last week and I tasted his "Cheesecake" and it was absolutely marvelous.  This guy is an artist and his work is unbelievable.  I would definitely compare his decorated cakes to those you see on the wedding cake shows.  The tremendous difference is his pricing.  When you go to his website www.thebakinginstitute.com, click on the pictures of his cakes.  Incredible.  You can make an appointment on line, and it will ask you what flavor of cakes and fillings you want to taste and the price will show up there.  If you have priced wedding cakes as I did, most bakeries want between $5.00 to $7.00 per person for cake.  My daughters cake, which will be 5 tiers, different flavors, averaged out to $2.30 per person.  Unbelieveable.  I will be telling everyone I know about The Baking Institute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards