New York-Western

Winter Weddings anyone?

Our date is February, and as expected we have gotten lots of vocal opinions about a Buffalo February wedding. But thats what we want! Anyone else daring to get married in Blizzard season?
BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: Winter Weddings anyone?

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHA no but my parents did! They got married in the Blizzard of 82! A few people didn't make it to the wedding but everyone who wanted to be there was there. They still had 300 plus people show. I wouldn't worry about it! If this is what you want than it is what you shall have.

Also I have had other friends get married in Nov. and on V-Day in BLO and their weddings were lovely. You never know it could be awful weather or it could be one of those picture winter days.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    personally i'd never do it, but i dont particularly love snow. haha

just know that you have NO control over the weather, and that you may have to cancel the event or have things go horribly wrong due to snowfall/ice/etc.  people not being able to show up, vendors getting stuck, power going out, etc.  personally i think its a lot of money to gamble with.

If you're okay with that -- then do it!
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    People running late or getting stuck in the snow maybe. The power going out is actually more likely to happen in the summer time than the winter time. Your wedding is going to be wonderful! I would just add extra time into my timeline for weather. Add buffers in case the roads are great. Your vendors are most likely from BLO, they know how to handle snow. I wouldn't worry to much about it!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in February too! I love the snow and figure most of the people who are invited to our wedding are from the area and know how to handle it :)  I'm putting a little cushion time in the timeline for the day, but I figure since we're actually on the last day of the month, the weather might not be too bad.  I know this is Western New York so there is no guarantee, but if we get a lot of snow that will make for some beautiful pictures!!!  We've gotten a lot of grief about the fact that it's in the winter time when most people don't get married and also that it's on a Wednesday.  That is the date and we picked and the date that we want, end of story.  We just keep telling people to wear boots haha :)  Good luck planning!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AmandaB29AmandaB29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in December. I love the snow and Christmas. People do say quite a bit about it, but truthfully I'd much rather have a little snow than rain. I totally agree that the snow could make for amazing pictures. You can get snow from October to May here, so you never know!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would have loved a December wedding, but we're the only ones from the area.  Where I'm from 2 inches shuts down the city (Philly) so my relatives would not have made it to the church!!
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Biega001Biega001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning a winter wedding in December in Buffalo too.  I grew up there and now live in Orlando.  Everyone thinks I am crazy but I love the holidays and this time of year is perfect for me to see all my family which is in NY.  I am hoping for some snow on the ground as I think this will make beautiful photos.  Everyone that lives there will know how to handle the weather so I am not worried about it at all and if it is horrible out I still know the people that matter most will come.  Now if I could only find some cute boots?  Any suggestions ladies?
  • edited December 2011
    I found cute boots on amazon. Just search winter white boots! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards